• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2020 at 11:11 AM, conan09279 said:

I have no idea if its real or not.  If it is - pretty nice to have inside.  I like it better there than on the cover - less obtrusive.  

It looks legit.  I wouldn't worry about that.  

14 is the one I wish I had upgraded years ago.  I still have my first copy, a 4.0.   And, it remains in the PC as the placeholder for my 1-40 run.  I had chances over the past few years to really upgrade, but passed.  Regret those missed opportunities now, but at least I still have a copy.  

As I said a few months back, I'm appx 50% complete on 1-40 (including AF15).  Long way to go.  No purchases since Baltimore, but will most likely knock another 1-2 books off the list this year.  It's going to be a long-haul.   

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

excellent pair.  love the little hard-to-spot arrival date on the 45.

I'd pay a premium for a clear date stamp that includes the year. Those stamps are almost like birth marks. I love them on the front cover not bothering the artwork. Unless its fake ¬¬

Edited by MGsimba77

On 3/14/2020 at 7:00 AM, Straw-Man said:

excellent pair.  love the little hard-to-spot arrival date on the 45.

I have looked at this issue, and, for the life of me, I can't find the arrival date. I even tried looking through a magnifying glass.

Could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

20200313_180835.thumb.jpg.922e05f7bb9fcacb518b1a38df2282fc.jpg

2 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I have looked at this issue, and, for the life of me, I can't find the arrival date. I even tried looking through a magnifying glass.

Could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Obviously I have free time on my hands lol hopefully this helps 

20200317_173017.thumb.jpg.6e7d0581a7b0e8f37b8fb406e9403672.jpg

2 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Obviously I have free time on my hands lol hopefully this helps

Join the club. I won't be going to work for at least four weeks. Iowa schools are closed for that amount of time, as of right now. In all likelihood, schools will be closed for a longer period. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't finish this school year at all.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I have been crazy busy at work. Once everyone gets settled into working from home, things should calm down for me.

On 3/17/2020 at 5:26 PM, Jaylam said:

Picked this one up raw off of Metropolis/ComicConnect back in 2015. I didn't know it at the time, but the first four interior pages are "Siamese Pages". 

843079148_spider-man-28-siamese-pages_edited2.jpg.78ef3c49058d592ea9fb3b1defcae726.jpg

I have a DD #5 with the same kind of error except the pages are sealed on the top all the way across. Someone tore through them back in the day so theres a large portion of one page attached upside down to another adjoining page

4 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

I have a DD #5 with the same kind of error except the pages are sealed on the top all the way across. Someone tore through them back in the day so theres a large portion of one page attached upside down to another adjoining page

That's what got me about this one, after all these years, no one had separated the pages, it was left the way it was manufactured.