• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,428 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I know all about your very specific grade target but I'll just say it's a bit ironic that 10 and 12 have been tough, since they are easily the easiest in the 1-15 run to find in high grade.  Maybe #8 as well.

Tell me about it!  I’ve found plenty in grade 5.0 just none with white pages so far.  I’m confident they’ll pop up soon enough.  I’m predicting #7 to be the last one I find.

23 hours ago, DST said:

ASM15 I found to be extremely difficult in terms of the first appearance keys, that and ASM3 were the toughest.

7, 10, 11, and 12 still elude me...

I just checked my mid grade copies of these and none had white pages unfortunately.  Considering what you’re willing to spend, I’m really surprised you haven’t found them yet.  Good luck

26 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I just checked my mid grade copies of these and none had white pages unfortunately.  Considering what you’re willing to spend, I’m really surprised you haven’t found them yet.  Good luck

Thanks for checking!  Yeah I’ve tried cracking out 5.5s, offered double GPA, offered free upgrades and still no copies have surfaced.  I’ll find them eventually just not as fast as I’d like(thumbsu

On 9/18/2020 at 12:54 PM, mosconi said:

Some very sweet raw early Spidey copies!  Any plans to have them CGC graded?

I prefer them raw but I do see the benefit of having them slabbed. I live in Canada and I struggle with the thought of my precious books being in transit for an extended period. 

My only CGC graded Spideys were purchased slabbed. I have a 6.5 #6, a 5.5 #8 and a 7.0 Romita SS 55. Oh, yeah, and a 9.0 GRR #1.

15 minutes ago, Webhead2018 said:

I wish my 3 was in that shape. I bet mine is no higher then a 3 if I was lucky/had it slab any time soon.

It’s still a cool book.

28 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I'm sort of surprised this got a 9.8? It's a good looking book for sure, but it doesn't look nearly good enough to be a 9.8. I'd probably have called it a 9.4.

I see a tick along the spine on Spidey's foot.  They probably ignored the upper left corner as a manufacturing issue.  The book looks like it's been pressed, but I suppose that's obvious anyway.

What else do you see?

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

11 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I see a tick along the spine on Spidey's foot.  They probably ignored the upper left corner as a manufacturing issue.  The book looks like it's been pressed, but I suppose that's obvious anyway.

What else do you see?

The right edge, where the pages are visible--maybe that doesn't get factored in, but it's something that would bother me at this high of a price point; I'm not accustomed to seeing it on books graded this highly. Who knows--maybe my 9.8 standards are way too high.