• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Any pre-auction estimates on this Goliath of a book?!

65A67DBB-4F4D-483B-BEEE-A43A09BA2699.jpeg

I was about to guess $70k, but then I went on GoCollect and saw a 9.6 sold 3 years ago for $92k 

I'll have to check how many 9.8s are on the census, but I'm assuming this is 1 of few, so I'll adjust my guess to $210k 

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I was about to guess $70k, but then I went on GoCollect and saw a 9.6 sold 3 years ago for $92k 

I'll have to check how many 9.8s are on the census, but I'm assuming this is 1 of few, so I'll adjust my guess to $210k 

Yeah it’s in the description of the auction above, it’s 1 of 2 top highest. The last big copy that was at auction was that 9.4 in a ComicLink auction that sold for around $40K.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 9/30/2020 at 8:04 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah it’s in the description of the auction above, it’s 1 of 2 top highest. The last big copy that was at auction was that 9.4 in a ComicLink auction that sold for around $40K.

The last 3 9.4 that sold on ComicLink  was the Twin Cities copy and it went for $28K, a very lackluster result if you ask me .

The flipper , I mean buyer is trying to sell it for 60 k on eBay now as he does with many books 

I don't think this 9.8 is going to do as well as anticipated  as some of the top buyers are not going after it .

I would love to see the other GRADED  9.8 for  comparison as this copy appears slightly over graded . Is it in a registry set ? 

But don't get me wrong it's a beautiful copy and way out of my price range or desire really . Top census single digit ASMS just don't make sense to me monetarily , as I would rather have a run of  9.0-9.4's personally .

16 minutes ago, DST said:

@mosconi EPIC run and post.  One of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.  Such a huge congratulations to you again on this AMAZING accomplishment (worship)

Thanks Dave! It's been a fun accomplishment and appreciate your eagle eyes in helping me track down a few gems along the road! (thumbsu