• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,434 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

You're telling me.

I'm feeling an odd mix of excitement and exhaustion / relief.  It took me a long time to come to terms with how expensive this book is.  It's "worth" even more than #14 which, black cover aside, just doesn't seem right.

:devil: It's time to upgrade to 9.6's. lol

18 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Those picture frames are frustratingly tough to find above 9.4. And finding them in good wraps is a whole other matter. 

I told myself I wouldn't compromise on grade (9.6), PQ (white), and centering (don't mind a little white showing, but don't want crooked) and you're right, that makes it very tough.

40 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

You're telling me.

I'm feeling an odd mix of excitement and exhaustion / relief.  It took me a long time to come to terms with how expensive this book is.  It's "worth" even more than #14 which, black cover aside, just doesn't seem right.

Just beautiful. 

I agree with you about 14. I have long felt it is very under valued. I personally think 14 should be worth more than 3 as I think GG is a way better villain, especially with his recent presence all over the MTU.

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

My biggest pickup in a while.

290318172_AmazingSpider-Man28CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.e2d38d20d6c4ef35870f108a3afade35.jpg

I can now say I've got #14-100 in 9.4 ... in the process of upgrading #101-150 from 9.4 to 9.6, which is going a lot slower than I thought it would.

Puts my 14 to 100 in 9.2 to shame lol

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

Just beautiful. 

I agree with you about 14. I have long felt it is very under valued. I personally think 14 should be worth more than 3 as I think GG is a way better villain, especially with his recent presence all over the MTU.

14 also has the Hulk on the cover which gives it that extra little goosing on the demand side.

Just now, Jordysnordy said:

Puts my 14 to 100 in 9.2 to shame lol

Your collection is amazing (pun intended) -- no shame at all!

I happen to also have #6, 8, 10, and 12 in 9.4.  Trying to upgrade #7, 9, and 13 from 9.0 ... and you and I have already talked at length about the pain of trying to upgrade my 8.0 of #11 to anything higher.

13 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

My biggest pickup in a while.

290318172_AmazingSpider-Man28CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.e2d38d20d6c4ef35870f108a3afade35.jpg

I can now say I've got #14-100 in 9.4 ... in the process of upgrading #101-150 from 9.4 to 9.6, which is going a lot slower than I thought it would.

That’s an amazing accomplishment. Congrats!(worship)

On 12/2/2020 at 5:51 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah it looks like it. I haven't seen the graders notes though. There's a tiny amount of white to the right of the main pull area. Meh no big deal. The flash from the camera makes it look more noteworthy than it is in hand. The back cover is bright. The wrap is ideal, I like the color depth and I'm really into PQ. Funny 3 - 4 years ago I was aiming at a 9.4 before the prices got on rocket fuel :tonofbricks:

I finally grabbed a white paged 6.5 early this year, and I love it.

The prices are just skyrocketing now.  I don't think that I would pay the double what I paid, that it would take to land one now.

:cloud9: