• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

I haven’t checked gpa for early ASMs, but my sense is that there has been a recent spike on prices for even non keys. Am I out to lunch with my observation?

Who knew VF or better ASMs would be such a hot commodity? Sigh...

1 hour ago, piper said:

I haven’t checked gpa for early ASMs, but my sense is that there has been a recent spike on prices for even non keys. Am I out to lunch with my observation?

Who knew VF or better ASMs would be such a hot commodity? Sigh...

If I recall correctly, through the mid- to high-mid grades, many of the non-key ASMs through #50 have "only" at least doubled since early 2020.  1st doc oc, goblin, kraven, etc, have sold dirt cheap compared to the prices fetched for many books, likely due to lack of buzz, but still have done okay too.  This suggests it won't be long before they receive more attention.  They're early Spideys!  They never need a catalyst to stay strong.  Feels like it's just a matter of time before the main players in today's market realize that.   

Edited by Pantodude

time to discuss this in the proper thread, the spider-man thread, not the lame af15 is dropping in value thread. 

af15 4.0 beautifully presenting copy sells for 44.5k the other night on CL, which will not be reported to GPA but clearly sets a new benchmark for the grade. a stellar presenting 4.0-  its hard to read the text in my jpeg, but it's $44,500!

af15-4.0-44k.jpg

Edited by www.alexgross.com

6 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

time to discuss this in the proper thread, the spider-man thread, not the lame af15 is dropping in value thread. 

af15 4.0 beautifully presenting copy sells for 44.5k the other night on CL, which will not be reported to GPA but clearly sets a new benchmark for the grade. a stellar presenting 4.0-  its hard to read the text in my jpeg, but it's $44,500!

af15-4.0-44k.jpg

I think it went for a premium because of the lack of marvel chipping. Nice result though!

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i'm getting @DST sloppy seconds. this is at least the third book of his collection that i've picked up. all, of course, have white pages. this one has a tape pull but i still like it...

asm6-front.jpg

I really need to post my books!