• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,674 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I’d love to be optimistic, but I just can’t imagine that Marvel is going to cater to my old-fogey preferences. 

I anticipate more time-travel, alternate dimension, reset-button type stuff. We will see!

The inevitable turnover in the talent is going to force the studio to do things creatively that will have mixed results at best.  As a huge fan of the Avengers, I am dreading what Marvel will do to the franchise once these actors all walk away.  Winter Soldier Cap, I can deal with.  Rhodey in the Iron Man suit, OK.  When they trot out Thor Girl, I'm going to be less than enthusiastic.  :(

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

I’d love to be optimistic, but I just can’t imagine that Marvel is going to cater to my old-fogey preferences. 

I anticipate more time-travel, alternate dimension, reset-button type stuff. We will see!

Well they are nailing it on a few of the books out right now so I'm hopeful. Marvel-Two-In-One has been pretty enjoyable despite lots of alt dimension junk. Finally found out how Doom got his faced fixed which was one of the big questions I had post Secret Wars. Sounds like Slott is going to be focusing on the family aspect of FF which I'm all for. Pichelli's art is a nice bonus also. :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The inevitable turnover in the talent is going to force the studio to do things creatively that will have mixed results at best.  As a huge fan of the Avengers, I am dreading what Marvel will do to the franchise once these actors all walk away.  Winter Soldier Cap, I can deal with.  Rhodey in the Iron Man suit, OK.  When they trot out Thor Girl, I'm going to be less than enthusiastic.  :(

I do think the collapse of the comic movies will happen sooner than later. I already jumped off, not because I didn't like some of them, but I didn't have time to watch them all. I think it's only natural that the average fan of these movies will suddenly decide they've had enough and move on to something else. 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Here's my copy. I got this from Richard Bedrock a number of years ago, a trade up transaction using a 9.0 + cash.  Unless something falls into my lap, this is my keeper copy.

2604152244231.jpg

That is definitely a keeper, Bob...

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

As a kid, being only able to buy two comics a week, I resisted purchasing any FF's. However, upon seeing #21, I had to buy it. For sentimental reasons this will always be my favorite FF.

And who would have thought that Stan and Jack could predict the future...?

On 6/22/2018 at 2:11 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Truly impressive.  That's the grade I'm targeting, someday ...

On 6/22/2018 at 11:41 AM, Straw-Man said:

lemme post this one right here behind 24, as i always think of the two goofy alien covers as kindred spirits.

ff11-1.jpg

88D31E91-C47C-4CB4-A4F7-D61CFA81C8F7.pngSomebody say “goofy alien covers”? My new pick up from WW.

Edited by gunsmokin

On 8/27/2018 at 2:57 AM, gunsmokin said:

88D31E91-C47C-4CB4-A4F7-D61CFA81C8F7.pngSomebody say “goofy alien covers”? My new pick up from WW.

Lucky devil! - A nice pick up.

I missed this comic. Was speaking to the lady at WW Comics sorting quote on the shipping cost. Then when I went to complete my cart an hour later it had gone :-( 

Glad it went to someone on these boards.

Lesson learned. I will be quicker on the draw next time ;-)