• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,581 posts in this topic

my favorite title. I just spent days  reading this  thread a few pages  at  a time.  I need to look  up  how  to post  pics and  eventually i'll put up pics here  and  some  other threads.

I'm closing in on  65. I never owned   a #1. I used  to have most  issues from  10-70, sold them to buy my wifes engagement  ring in 1978. With the  coming of  EBAY i got into  it again  in  the late 90's. In 2001 with the hi  tech  crash i needed  money  and once  more  sold. I slowly started   buying  some but  only maybe 20 issues now, highest number  being low  60's. All  really nice  grades, a handful slabbed (by me, only buy raw.)

thanks!  lots of discussion on covers. I just looked for #63 on EBAY , highest price  and  got to browse through pages of every issue that came out in '63. Some of the most mentioned beauts in that  year. 15 with the Mad Thinker is such quintessential Kirby. 

A later cover i appreciate  is 59 with the brilliant yellow background behind Black Bolt. Very much in the vein of 46 except that background is red.