• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,676 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Steviehuv66 said:

FF # 7 from the Tongie Farm collection. Included is the tanning that most of the Silver Age books possess! 

IMG_2063 (1).JPG

many folks don't like this cover, but I always have. Plus, it's the only FF cover Kirby penciled and inked. Many believe it is Kirby's self portrait on that billboard. Sure does look like Jack :) 

5 hours ago, Steviehuv66 said:

FF # 6 won on Comic Connect for a steal! I had been chasing this book for a while and an upgrade to my CGC 6.0!

IMG_2062.JPG

the 6 is often overlooked in favor of the 4 and the 5. I love the NYC skyline in the background. Dark greens on Doom are a little tougher to find on this one. Nice upgrade Steve :) 

11 hours ago, Primetime said:

the 6 is often overlooked in favor of the 4 and the 5. I love the NYC skyline in the background. Dark greens on Doom are a little tougher to find on this one. Nice upgrade Steve :) 

i'm a big fan of the red-speedo subby and all-green doom!

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

i'm a big fan of the red-speedo subby and all-green doom!

When I first saw FF 6, I was struck by the coloring of the villains, but it’s exactly the same as they appear on the covers of 4 and 5. 

I had never noticed the red trunks, but the comment made me immediately go looking at the early FF covers.  Here's a quick survey:

• Red trunks on FF #4 and #6
  • Green trunks on #9 and #14
  • Back to red for Annual #1 (which I believe came out around the same time as #16) and #27
  • Green again for #33

Who knew?  hm

57 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I had never noticed the red trunks, but the comment made me immediately go looking at the early FF covers.  Here's a quick survey:

• Red trunks on FF #4 and #6
  • Green trunks on #9 and #14
  • Back to red for Annual #1 (which I believe came out around the same time as #16) and #27
  • Green again for #33

Who knew?  hm

Beat me to it. I was at work and couldn’t take the time to look it up.

There should be time set aside in my workday for truly important stuff like this. The priorities at my job are insanely out of whack.

I continually fall into the pattern of not paying much attention to books once I've checked them off my want list ... has there been a spike in FF #2 since the announcement that the Skrulls will be in the Captain Marvel movie?  I got my copy last year and certainly paid a lot for it, but my guess is that I should be thankful I didn't wait until this year.  (Like I did with #4 and #5, sadly!)