• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,674 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Great story in 39 and 40!

Except for DD mysteriously disappearing in the last several pages of 40. Apparently, Jack forgot about him.(shrug)

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

that was my last issue 'til a certain f.f. aficionado urged me to go out to the end of the kirby run----and i'm glad he did!

I can’t take all the credit; you recognized that you had a problem and that’s the biggest step! I just nudged you towards the light.

4 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

tks, y'all.  i love brown covers--so atypical in funny books.  like here...

ff40.jpg

“Have I told you lately that I hate you?”

(Sing in Rod Stewart voice)

You always seem to best me.  I’ve got a 9.0 of this book.  

You’ve got a great collection.

19 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

ff93.jpg

I know that in all likelihood I saw a comic book before this. In some Doctor's waiting room or barbershop; somewhere. Had to have, right?

But this is the first one I remember. I was four (!) and was being watched by our great friends and neighbors, the Smiths. Their eldest son collected comics, and had a room just filled with awesome stuff. It was strictly off-limits, of course, and Jeff was terrifying, but I snuck in anyway. I toured the room, absorbing all the coolness. NFL stickers (much rarer back then), WWII and SeaBees stuff, a trombone, wild posters. But most prominently, enshrined in a place of honor on a music stand, Fantastic Four #93. I was transfixed!

I guess I still am.