• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Well, I am almost done with this game.  I have 3 more books to submit, all FF.  I think I am going to send them to Joeypost this time just to try something new and see what happens.  It is not really about the money.  Is this a taboo subject?  Maybe oops...

not taboo.

7 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

well, it was steep, but i do love the new upgrade.  the under-9.0 list shortened by one today.

ff13-1.jpeg

hmmm very interesting.  A 9.0 list for these old books is great.  I think for me an 8.0 list is good enough.  Besides I got the kirby sig on my FF13 and you dont just discard a book like that no matter what the grade.  I am just not a very serious collector.  KirbyJack and I will go cry in the corner now.  That book looks awesome but I do find it interesting that there is still mini dirt on it.  It must be a very hard issue to find.  I like it a lot!

682008784_wgG8E71lSNSqxSl8nMHmw_thumb_72c.jpg.a07765182a96a81e8fb619026aeca615.jpg

The almost invisible subscription crease killed mine.

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

That book looks awesome but I do find it interesting that there is still mini dirt on it.

It's just a peculiarity of the scan.  Here's another:

FF13ped.thumb.jpg.a80a4e9966084e2ab0a84fae65298d8f.jpg

The QP on the Don and Maggie is just exceptional …. I would actually prefer it to several of the copies that have higher grades, which aren't many. Congrats, Parker …. I know you must be stoked. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

at the urging [nagging?] of kj, i kept lengthening my ff run out later and later, 'til i got 'em complete thru kirby's work [102], and even added his partial book [108].  here are the books that don't cut 9.-something muster.   i hope to upgrade a few, but will never get 'em all, i'm afraid.

ff1-1.jpg

Edited by Straw-Man