• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,674 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

ff71.jpg

ff72.jpg

Great FFs Billy!

Had me thinking that the time these SA books came out is further from us in time then we were as youngsters from the time Golden Age comics hit the newstands.

Edited by bronze johnny

Either Clink had an off night or this book has been the victim of a book doctor. It went for $6700, which is way under fmv. Or maybe FF 3s are a sinking ship right now because no major character was introduced. Regardless, I’ve always loved this issue and crossed the Golden Age lines to add it to my collection!

Anyone know the story on it?

CEB8CC1F-AB34-46CF-9184-E7638C240DAE.png

5D1D6107-42AB-4FE7-BD2F-89AF19AADBF5.png

036A9546-C6B1-4D73-9CC8-7A9101CCC822.png

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Either Clink had an off night or this book has been the victim of a book doctor. It went for $6700, which is way under fmv. Or maybe FF 3s are a sinking ship right now because no major character was introduced. Regardless, I’ve always loved this issue and crossed the Golden Age lines to add it to my collection!

FF #3 will always be a milestone issue for the title and for Marvel Comics in general, as the team appears in costume for the first time.  You got a sweet price on a great comic.  (thumbsu

9 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Either Clink had an off night or this book has been the victim of a book doctor.

I apologize in advance...what does one mean when they say, "this book has been the victim of a book doctor"?

CLink is turning in some 'seems reasonable' final numbers on many books, including the FF #1 CGC 4.0 that also ended below 'FMV' last night...

...tempted to keep bidding before it ended at $9,643. I do not mind the significant damage [nor the rusty staple] in the far upper left quadrant...especially at sub-$10k!

RAD97BE42019912_14453.jpg

9 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

CEB8CC1F-AB34-46CF-9184-E7638C240DAE.png

5D1D6107-42AB-4FE7-BD2F-89AF19AADBF5.png

036A9546-C6B1-4D73-9CC8-7A9101CCC822.png

I think you’re overthinking it. Looks to me you just got a good deal...which sometimes happens with auctions. Congrats!

7 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I think you’re overthinking it. Looks to me you just got a good deal...which sometimes happens with auctions. Congrats!

Well that’s a relief. Over in Golden Age there are a lot of books coming to market that the boardies have outed as pressed, etc. Regardless, I like the book and am keeping it