• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,677 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, BrianR said:

So  here is my  group  shot  of the first 20  I own.  I am missing/ hunting for 6 and 7.  The 4 and five are flipped.  I added a couple others to fill in the gap  I did a count and have 76 issues of the 161  + 3 annual run.  

ff lot.jpg

THIS is truly FANTASTIC!!! I have been casually buying La Prensa Editions of Marvel Silver Age for the last couple of years and haven't even SEEN most of these books for sale. I'm working on many of the runs, so haven't made much headway in any particular one yet. These are just amazing!!!! Thank you so much for sharing these!!!

On 10/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, BrianR said:

So  here is my  group  shot  of the first 20  I own.  I am missing/ hunting for 6 and 7.  The 4 and five are flipped.  I added a couple others to fill in the gap  I did a count and have 76 issues of the 161  + 3 annual run.  

ff lot.jpg

I'm not trying to be critical in any way. Could someone explain to me why someone would want to collect these type of issues?

I'm sure there is a very viable reason, but I'm not sure what it is.

Pretty please, with sugar on top, don't attack me for asking a question. I honestly want to know.

Joe

13 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I'm not trying to be critical in any way. Could someone explain to me why someone would want to collect these type of issues?

I'm sure there is a very viable reason, but I'm not sure what it is.

Pretty please, with sugar on top, don't attack me for asking a question. I honestly want to know.

Joe

It's a very valid question Joe and one where I can only speak for myself. For me, these books are kind of like being in an old familiar house and discovering a room that you didn't know existed. Specifically, I mean by seeing the differences between them and the America Editions. Scroll up and view the 2 issues I posted where I included some interior pics. Check out the house ads. Those are different than the American counterparts. I have other things that I enjoy about them too, like the reduced cost (starting to climb a bit now though) and I also enjoy displaying them side by side with my American Editions (check out my Spidey 14s in the Spidey thread). They look so cool together!!!