• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,661 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 9:26 PM, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Always like the crazy perspective on this cover:

FF0031.jpg

i do too!  and let me show a minor book but one which i'm very proud to have--the ONLY don rosa silver age book i've ever come across since i started the silver age ped type-set many years ago.

marvelgreatest.jpg

45 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i do too!  and let me show a minor book but one which i'm very proud to have--the ONLY don rosa silver age book i've ever come across since i started the silver age ped type-set many years ago.

I always thought a high grade run of MGCs would be cool. Probably tougher than the main run, since so few are slabbed.

29 minutes ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

I always thought a high grade run of MGCs would be cool. Probably tougher than the main run, since so few are slabbed.

For the first 22 issues, it was titled Marvel Collectors Item Classics.  It began by reprinting FF #2.  I think you're right that they're not easy to find in high grade condition, but there's a terrific set at the top of the CGC Registry (not mine): https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=42885

MCIC1sale.jpg.8fd2f5f787660bc5aba40f80045c6251.jpg

Edited by namisgr

1 hour ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

Thats it for now.  The last few I have to get are much more difficult in the mid grade range most of my runs in.   Not too many monsters in the 11 to 20 block, so hopefully I’ll be done with that one sooner rather than later.  

Best of luck and definitely keep us posted!

2 hours ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

I’ve been slowly putting together a run of  FF through 80.  (Likely to expand at least through the 12 centers.)5A5356FF-2B8F-430E-A004-B9F27186736A.jpeg

I enthusiastically suggest that you finish out the whole Kirby run! Mid-grade copies of 81 to 102 (plus 108 and annuals) won’t set you back that much. 
Just a more natural stopping point.

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

I enthusiastically suggest that you finish out the whole Kirby run! Mid-grade copies of 81 to 102 (plus 108 and annuals) won’t set you back that much. 
Just a more natural stopping point.

if any one of you believe this is the first time this particular advice has been given on our boards, you are WRONG.