• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

Whats up with FF13?  It seems popular now...  I got that Kirby signed one.

If there’s any heat, I’d wager that it’s speculation on the cosmic movie focus. The Watcher is among Marvel’s very first space guys.

It appears that FF 3, with the new super hero costumes, was the first issue that charted the book’s direction away from just another monster book to an actual super hero book.  In fact, it appears as though FF 3 charted the course change, for all of Marvel, away from monsters and back toward super heroes. (Maybe this is what prompted  Stan Lee to begin first declaring the book “The Greatest Comic Magazine in the World”?)

I admit not being very well informed on the accuracy of this, and I’m hoping someone here would be so kind as to enlighten me. I recognize the people who post here as the real experts. What do you guys think?

I follow this book. It has always fascinated me for the reason above; but as I say, im not sure if I’m on track with my thinking, or not. A 9.2 copy sold in the recent Clink auction at what I thought was a pretty good price for the buyer  . . . 

961B6065-7EED-4836-B34F-493E0F04E34E.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 6/7/2020 at 6:18 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It appears that FF 3, with the new super hero costumes, was the first issue that charted the book’s direction away from just another monster book to an actual super hero book.  In fact, it appears as though FF 3 charted the course change, for all of Marvel, away from monsters and back toward super heroes. (Maybe this is what prompted  Stan Lee to begin first declaring the book “The Greatest Comic Magazine in the World”?)

I admit not being very well informed on the accuracy of this, and I’m hoping someone here would be so kind as to enlighten me. I recognize the people who post here as the real experts. What do you guys think?

I follow this book. It has always fascinated me for the reason above; but as I say, im not sure if I’m on track with my thinking, or not. A 9.2 copy sold in the recent Clink auction at what I thought was a pretty good price for the buyer  . . . 

961B6065-7EED-4836-B34F-493E0F04E34E.jpeg

A Postage Stamp was issued with this cover on it by USPS. I always look at it as FF1v2 … Kirby and Lee moved from the Marvel  version of Challengers of the Unknown into what would be the FF we know and love. It's hard to imagine the title without the Baxter Building, which first appears in this book.... or the FantastiCar. If you get one with a nice color strike, it's one of my favorites …. and that chapter one splash :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu