• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

If you ever figure out a cure for this, please give me a heads up. xD

Come live in Canada! ComicLink shipping starts at $70...this has cured impulsebuyitis on my end!  :eek:

7 minutes ago, Frederic9494 said:

Come live in Canada! ComicLink shipping starts at $70...this has cured impulsebuyitis on my end!  :eek:

Damn.

Edited by KirbyJack

50 minutes ago, Frederic9494 said:

Yikes! My condolences to your checkbook. Sales tax has changed some of my buying habits. Nothing like paying out several hundred dollars for ….. nothing really. 

3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Yikes! My condolences to your checkbook. Sales tax has changed some of my buying habits. Nothing like paying out several hundred dollars for ….. nothing really. 

Look, I understand the need to collect sales tax. But first, we should make all states charge the same amount of Internet sales tax (perhaps 2% - 3%). That would level the playing field between tax rates in different states.

For example, Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon have no state sales tax. While California, Indiana, Mississippi, Rhode Island, and Tennessee all have sales tax rates of 7.0% or higher. So, let's say a buyer in Oregon and a buyer in California are both interested in a $2500 book. The buyer in Oregon will have to pay $2500.00 plus shipping, while the buyer in California will have to pay $2681.25 plus shipping. That sure doesn't see fair to me!

4 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Look, I understand the need to collect sales tax. But first, we should make all states charge the same amount of Internet sales tax (perhaps 2% - 3%). That would level the playing field between tax rates in different states.

For example, Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon have no state sales tax. While California, Indiana, Mississippi, Rhode Island, and Tennessee all have sales tax rates of 7.0% or higher. So, let's say a buyer in Oregon and a buyer in California are both interested in a $2500 book. The buyer in Oregon will have to pay $2500.00 plus shipping, while the buyer in California will have to pay $2681.25 plus shipping. That sure doesn't see fair to me!

Agreed! Maybe some type of user tax, across the board.