• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

In today's Heritage auction, a #48 in 9.4 WP sold for $9,600 including BP -- and a #50 in 9.4 OW/W sold for $9,900 including BP.

Has #50 really eclipsed #48 in value, or is this a funny outlier?

Wow. Seems about right to me though. #50's scarcity vs. #48's popularity about cancels out.

Edited by Werner_Von_Doom

9 hours ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Wow. Seems about right to me though. #50's scarcity vs. #48's popularity about cancels out.

Agreed.  The 'market capitalization' of FF48 (the total number of high grade examples times the fair market value of each) is way, way above that of FF50, and is one of the highest of all Marvel SA comics.  But there are so many high grade examples of the former, outnumbering FF50 in the CGC census in 9.6 or better condition 132 to 11.

Edited by namisgr

On 7/11/2020 at 8:32 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I really don't put any extra value on pedigrees, but for me what made this 9.0 desirable was the colors and the centering.

In my experience, nothing beats an early SA Curator pedigree comic for snow white cover stock and brilliant, true cover colors.