• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,617 posts in this topic

This is how I see it going down...

Being the snot-nosed little kid that Johnny is, he decides to put some 'artistic' doodles on his funnybooks. Suddenly, he hears his mom coming up the stairs. He just knows his mom is going to see his little doodle and does the first thing that pops into his head ... he scribbles it out.

ff9.jpg

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

i got some decent books getting pressed and slabbed right now.  im hoping top grades.  6 books  wish me luck.  its kind of different when you have childhood books vs found ones.  Lets see what i get!

Good luck!

6 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Of all the Kirby covers, I think I’m least familiar with those in the 30s. Maybe the stories, too.

I really like the Attuma story in FF #33, with the FF hunting him underwater, helped by the special concoction Reed created to supply them with oxygen.  There's a scene where Reed hides the team from Attuma's minions by making himself into the shape of a giant manta ray.  :cool:

Edited by namisgr

4 hours ago, Gaard said:

Being the snot-nosed little kid that Johnny is, he decides to put some 'artistic' doodles on his funnybooks. Suddenly, he hears his mom coming up the stairs. He just knows his mom is going to see his little doodle and does the first thing that pops into his head ... he scribbles it out.

ff9.jpg

Please tell me this isn't your copy!

On 9/9/2020 at 1:20 PM, KirbyJack said:
On 9/8/2020 at 11:11 AM, KirbyJack said:

Ok, I’ll give up the answers at the end of business today.

Oh, yeah. Forgot I said that. Answer time!

1. The Original Human Torch first appeared in FF annual 4. 

1/2. Janus, the Nega-Man from FF 108. 

Fantastic Four Annual #4 was Jim Hammond's first Silver Age appearance, but he originally debuted way back in Marvel Comics #1! Also, how could you forget about poor Quasimodo? :makepoint:

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

7 hours ago, Gaard said:

ff9.jpg

That would have been an ideal candidate for a sloppy old Stan Lee signature though good luck getting him to sign right on the old donger.

ahem- --  especially now. Nuff Said!

Edited by 01TheDude

10 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

Fantastic Four Annual #4 was Jim Hammond's first Silver Age appearance, but he originally debuted way back in Marvel Comics #1! Also, how could you forget about poor Quasimodo? :makepoint:

1st SA appearances count, but you're right: I failed to specify. And I did forget Quasimodo! He was a Surfer opponent, and that caused me to skip right over him. 

Why Byrne skipped him is another story...