• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Skunkboy said:

Picked this up along with an FF52 (posted in the FF52 thread) a few months back without giving it much thought.  When I finally had it in hand it blew me away - the colors are stunning.  The contrast of Torch against that indigo background is really something; the picture doesn't do it justice.  I feel like this issue doesn't get much love compared to all of the classic FF keys in its midst, but that cover is truly wonderful.

IMG_4118.jpg

The first FF that I ever saw :cloud9: ... I was impressed. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

10 minutes ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Fantastic Four #22. The upgrade of Sue's powers was a spectacular move by Stan and Jack. The series would not have been as successful without this change.

FF0022-94.jpg

I always thought it should be a Key .... like you said, very significant. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

7 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Covers and pages have different paper. Many of my copies have great cover whites and only so-so pages.

I get that the paper is different but I would think the exposed area would start to tan before the inside of the book?  Just seems odd to me. Thanks for your explanation! :)

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

slight upgrade, but mainly did it cuz i dig the ellison note.  even neater that it looks like a label error--pretty sure it should just be a "from the collection of..." as opposed to a ped designation, but it slipped thru.

ff91-1.jpg

So very cool! October Thing!

8C4FB2B6-67EF-4039-A271-DB5C70840902.thumb.jpeg.a5f4fe7973ce0459acbfcb5c05b86b18.jpeg

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

slight upgrade, but mainly did it cuz i dig the ellison note.  even neater that it looks like a label error--pretty sure it should just be a "from the collection of..." as opposed to a ped designation, but it slipped thru.

ff91-1.jpg

Wait lol you took a lower graded book because of the pedigree??  Aha I see what you did!  You have another 9.8 copy!!  I guess I’m lucky I still have many to add. I don’t even have the covers memorized yet. Still waiting for my 6 books to get graded. Btw ccs and CGC both charge upfront for services now. I’m going to lose my shirt on these 50’s and 60’s books. It’s at 138 buck per book for pressing and grading STANDARD. Cost more than the book methinks. Also hey kids don’t use FedEx they took 29 days to ship for a mere 45 bucks. Ridiculous!