• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,617 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Nick H (UK) said:

Back from CGC....... CCS managed to clean off some of a fingerprint smudge on front cover and I'm delighted with the outcome.

White Pages!

IMG_5642.jpeg

4rcapm.jpg.6c8abfc358f9a2e9b8d1042969122d1c.jpg

Just now, jimjum12 said:

... Or too much Wild Turkey before lunch time (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yep. That’s what’s going on here. That’s why they made him wear the whiskey-breath isolation hood.

22 minutes ago, Nick H (UK) said:

Had a few pence copies back from CGC. Overall a decent haul of pence copies though and all five are white pages. 

IMG_5699.jpeg

IMG_5697.jpeg

IMG_5700.jpeg

IMG_5708.jpeg

IMG_5710.jpeg

You must be over the moon ... nothing like early FF's. I just got this one at the LCS and it turns out this is the second time I've had this copy. Small world, eh ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu 

IMG_1261.JPG

26 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

@Nick H (UK), I'm not a big fan of pence books, but there is no arguing that you have five excellent books.

You are not alone--- most people have a bias against them because the hobby has that effect on some things.

I like them. They are exotic and have been more places than I have. I know some like to make a big deal and low ball their value-- but I think that might fade eventually- the market will do what it thinks is right. I only have a couple myself but they are fun! And if you think about it-- they are probably more rare as an overall book to the US contemporaries.

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

well, other than upgrading later issues into pedigree holders, this is likely my last bump for the run.  won’t be able to afford a “9” on the front of the few that are left below said threshold.  it has been a blast!!

E5E9CC81-928D-4A37-A540-1541E84797FA.jpeg

Absolutely razor sharp, Billy! 
‘Nuther Nth-degree nine!