• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,677 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, peted76 said:

That is great to see all those books lined up.. well done, I aspire to your collection :)

I had the dumb luck to get them when I did and then to (store them responsibly) but basically forget about them. Had chances to buy FF 1 for like $50 but that was a fortune to me back then. Most comics I either got new or paid $2-5 for. 

On 2/7/2021 at 11:05 AM, Gman65NJ said:

Wow I found my tribe! I collected as a kid in the 70s and then bagged and boxed them up and pretty much forgot them. Didn’t buy a comic since the early 80s.

I collected other Marvel titles but focused on Fantastic Four and ended up with a run from 19-230 and a few earlier ones as well as Annuals 1-16.

Seeing some of those covers after a long time away, they are just amazing —my favs 72, 74, 75.

I just rebagged and reboarded them and this forum inspired me to take pictures while they were out. 

Great to see all the FF love here!

I think this one is in better focus...

0EC9677A-CA9A-42A6-A54B-77074F23D187.jpeg

Just now, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Seeing the high grade #45 makes me want to reread these.  I'm ashamed to admit that I watched that bad Inhumans TV show that came out not too long ago. 

Fantastic Four #036.jpg

Fantastic Four #044.jpg

Fantastic Four #045.jpg

Fantastic Four #046.jpg

Fantastic Four #047.jpg

Fantastic Four #059.jpg

Fantastic Four #082.jpg

Fantastic Four #099.jpg

I still want to watch it despite bad reviews and I'd like to read the run as well. Making time to read all the story lines I'd like to read is a serious task. :ohnoez:

56 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Seeing the high grade #45 makes me want to reread these.  I'm ashamed to admit that I watched that bad Inhumans TV show that came out not too long ago. 

Fantastic Four #036.jpg

Fantastic Four #044.jpg

Fantastic Four #045.jpg

Fantastic Four #046.jpg

Fantastic Four #047.jpg

Fantastic Four #059.jpg

Fantastic Four #082.jpg

Fantastic Four #099.jpg

Judy and I LOVED the Inhumans show ... but it seems we were definitely in the minority. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/23/2021 at 4:56 AM, peted76 said:

I recently watched the Inhumans.. I quite enjoyed it, forgettable, but decent enough fodder.

Seems my 'collecting' has slowed down of late.. prices seem to be going up across the board for SA FF books..lots of regret in hindsight for not picking up that FF51 and FF72 when I had the chance :(

and that ain't the only run...