• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,618 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, WernerVonDoom said:

There's FF Fever! None of my bids were close.

Some of the FF books being offered were just incredibly exceptional copies. In general, I think this might have been the best auction I've seen in terms of quality of books on offer. Clink had a great auction recently as well. 

41 minutes ago, IronMan_Cave said:

In general, FF price is rising across all issues, not just 1 or 2 issue, especially FF52, that thing is going supernova

Just curious, what is a 9.4 of #52 going for now?  Not selling, not buying, just want to know since I felt like I paid a lot for mine when I bought it.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:54 AM, WernerVonDoom said:

FF #52. From early on (1980s) I knew this issue was meant for something big. Lee/Kirby in their prime, first black superhero, great cover, and hard to find in nice shape. In a way it was good that it was hard to find - I ended up with four copies:

FF0052.jpg

FF52s.jpg

I hate you:tonofbricks:

5 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Just curious, what is a 9.4 of #52 going for now?  Not selling, not buying, just want to know since I felt like I paid a lot for mine when I bought it.

Last gpa for a 9.4 was back in March 2020 at 11,400.00 but the last 9.0 in March 2021 was 9500.00 and 10,500 for the last 9.2 In November 2020. I don't recall any sales recently in 9.4 as I haven't tracked it lately but best guess? Maybe 20-25k ish... depending on pq and centering/date stamps/writing? Cool book. 

13 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

well considering 9.6 just sold 50.4K, a 9.4 shouldn't be that far behind, I think prolly 35K-40K now

a 9.0 just sold at ebay a few days ago for 9.5K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-52-CGC-9-0-1st-Appearance-Black-Panther/164789439418?hash=item265e374bba:g:0qwAAOSwCLFgY9jU

yup #52 is supernova!!

On 3/31/2021 at 9:22 AM, namisgr said:

Bought this raw from Pacific Comic Exchange back in May 1999, when they first began marketing and listing online the original owner collection that became known as the Pacific Coast pedigree.  One of my favorite early SA Marvel Kirby covers.  

It was graded VF++ and cost $900 (great to be a collector in the days before CGC).  A single tiny Marvel chip along the right edge kept it from the higher grades that were routine with this collection.  It wasn't pressed until after I sold it, as you can tell from the very slight overhang bends along the top of the front cover, and the lack of interior pages sticking out beyond the cover.

FF12.jpg.e1f4220e5c461903ac06f8326b982381.jpg

Bob - Offhand, do you know if there is a PC FF #1?