• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,677 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Drummy said:

That FF 36 is stunning -- congratulations, Timeless icons!  You said you won two books -- what was the other, if you don't mind me asking?

Dan

Thanks Drummy. The other book was a Marvel Premiere 15 9.8 wp (posted in the "this week in your Bronze thread"). One of those books I've been looking for, going on several years but couldn't find a well centered copy in 9.8 until the Heritage auction that just passed. 

Edited by Timeless icons

3 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Thanks, I'll take a look on the Bronze forum -- and I know what you mean when the 'right copy' comes your way and you have to go all-out and leave GPA in the dust to land it.  Most the time, it ends up working out OK.

I think so too. Many sales might be considered "crazy" at the time but as time goes on, we realize that many of those sales are now considered "gift" prices. lol 

2 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

Bob - Offhand, do you know if there is a PC FF #1?

There isn't, to my knowledge.  The original owner did not start collecting until early 1962, and the earliest FF listed for sale back in 1999 by PCEI was #4.

Edited by namisgr

28 minutes ago, namisgr said:

There isn't, to my knowledge.  The original owner did not start collecting until early 1962, and the earliest FF listed for sale back in 1999 by PCEI was #4.

The reason I ask - one of my friends bought an FF #1 from PCEI right at the beginning of their offerings.
I don't think it's a PC copy, but I'll have to ask my friend more about it. I believe he purchased it from PCEI at the SDCC.
I'm not sure if PCEI brought PC books to the Con at that time?
(side note: my friend's copy is mid-grade range)

25 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

The reason I ask - one of my friends bought an FF #1 from PCEI right at the beginning of their offerings.
I don't think it's a PC copy, but I'll have to ask my friend more about it. I believe he purchased it from PCEI at the SDCC.
I'm not sure if PCEI brought PC books to the Con at that time?
(side note: my friend's copy is mid-grade range)

The collection was first marketed online in May, 1999 with a small handful of FFs and a couple other titles, and was mentioned on the site as being special for its ultrahigh grade material, and each book was listed with an OO designation for original owner from the collection.  By July, 1999, nearly all of the SA Marvels had been listed online and sold.

5 minutes ago, namisgr said:

The collection was first marketed online in May, 1999 with a small handful of FFs and a couple other titles, and was mentioned on the site as being special for its ultrahigh grade material, and each book was listed with an OO designation for original owner from the collection.  By July, 1999, nearly all of the SA Marvels had been listed online and sold.

Thank you for that info, Bob!

I just looked & the SDCC that year was in in mid-August, so my friend's book is very likely 'just' an FF #1! (: