• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, IronMan_Cave said:

Is this silver age or bronze?

also does anyone notice this book is wider than other SA books? prolly the size of GA books

IMG_4181.jpeg

Early Bronze most would say due to the 15 cent cover price. And yes Silver Age books got narrower as the Silver Age progressed.

1 hour ago, Doctor Dositheus said:

Early Bronze most would say due to the 15 cent cover price. And yes Silver Age books got narrower as the Silver Age progressed.

The change from "standard" size books to the narrower "current" size took place well into the Bronze Age -- specifically, February / March 1975.  Fantastic Four #154 would be the last of the wider books and #155 would be the first of the narrower size.

I don't have any reason to believe FF #107 would be any different in width from any other Marvel book of its time.  I'd need to see a photo of the book next to another book to believe it.

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

The change from "standard" size books to the narrower "current" size took place well into the Bronze Age -- specifically, February / March 1975.  Fantastic Four #154 would be the last of the wider books and #155 would be the first of the narrower size.

I don't have any reason to believe FF #107 would be any different in width from any other Marvel book of its time.  I'd need to see a photo of the book next to another book to believe it.

Interesting. I pulled out a tape measure and some early silver age books. The Marvels are consistent as you say until the Bronze Age '75 shrinkage. (worship)

Marvel started it's Silver Age under 7" wide right from the start. The DCs however didn't slim down to under 7" until early '64 and then down to current size around the same time as Marvel. I stand corrected.