• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Actually,no.The color strike on the 8.0 is the best I've ever seen on a 13,and I haven't decided what to do.The centering on the 8.5 is almost perfect,while the 8.0 is off center a bit.I wish I could create one hybrid with the best qualities of each,but alas,that cannot be.The 8.0 was over $700 and finding it a home wouldn't happen over night,and I'm not certain that it may not end up my favorite of the two.It doesn't have the greyish dinge caused by yellowing of the coverstock that so many copies have.Believe it or not,I even have a third copy(raw)that's probably a 7.5 due to a spine dimple and a small tape pull.I'll post it also,it's an original owner book with perfect centering that may be too large to slab.I'll probably have to let one go as I'm definitely not wealthy,but which one?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

ff13rjl.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Actually,no.The color strike on the 8.0 is the best I've ever seen on a 13,and I haven't decided what to do.The centering on the 8.5 is almost perfect,while the 8.0 is off center a bit.I wish I could create one hybrid with the best qualities of each,but alas,that cannot be.The 8.0 was over $700 and finding it a home wouldn't happen over night,and I'm not certain that it may not end up my favorite of the two.It doesn't have the greyish dinge caused by yellowing of the coverstock that so many copies have.Believe it or not,I even have a third copy(raw)that's probably a 7.5 due to a spine dimple and a small tape pull.I'll post it also,it's an original owner book with perfect centering that may be too large to slab.I'll probably have to let one go as I'm definitely not wealthy,but which one?GOD BLESS...

ff13rjl.jpg

That is a nice problem to have.

I have come to respect 13 more than I used to. I think it is a better story (art and writing) than most around it and really gives a good sense of the mid-1960's mindset.

ff13rjl.jpg

That is a nice problem to have.

I have come to respect 13 more than I used to. I think it is a better story (art and writing) than most around it and really gives a good sense of the mid-1960's mindset.

Yeah,I always looked at it as the beginning of Stan's cosmic phase.I think he was starting to fully realize the potential of the comic medium.Sure are a lot of nice books here.Dad and son's # 1 is NICE as is that 9.4 # 10 which probably has my favorite rendition of the "lumpy" thing as far as covers go.GOD BLESS...

i'm really happy today yay.gif and i want to share that with you , i'm a long date FF collector, i've recently decided to begin to upgrade my Kirby's FF run in CGC 9.4 , then here's my first one received one hour ago , second one FF 97 CGC 9.4 OW/W will be here around november 5 to 10, i'll post it headbang.gif

P1010006.jpg

i'm really happy today yay.gif and i want to share that with you , i'm a long date FF collector, i've recently decided to begin to upgrade my Kirby's FF run in CGC 9.4 , then here's my first one received one hour ago , second one FF 97 CGC 9.4 OW/W will be here around november 5 to 10, i'll post it headbang.gif

P1010006.jpg

Sweet book, cryptkeeper thumbsup2.gif It's always fun upgrading a collection. Look forward to future pics.