• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

I forgot to put these scans in the thread they belong. Part of an OO collection where nearly all the covers had a tanning halo. I was very very happy bringing these home.... in a box with no bags or boards. I drove and turned very slowly that evening.

scan0080-1.jpg

scan0081-1.jpg

scan0083.jpg

Yeah the label says "white pages" too! Is the back cover a mess or did you just bump into a cranky grading team? Or is the scan just particularly flattering? I'd love to read the grader's notes on that.

Nevertheless-- what a nice book. Great pickup.

Yeah the label says "white pages" too! Is the back cover a mess or did you just bump into a cranky grading team? Or is the scan just particularly flattering? I'd love to read the grader's notes on that.

Nevertheless-- what a nice book. Great pickup.

Thanks, The back looks good,I think it is a 6.5 -7.0 but what do I know,I'm at the bottom of the list of Nik's grading contest........ insane.gif

Origin of the Black Panther, Green River pedigree, and an undergraded book at 9.2:

FF53GR.jpg

hail.gif

#53 was the earliest issue I purchased off the newstands. Had bought #54....and then ran round the neighborhood to a couple stores that were a little slow in getting their new books up. Found #53. What a story arc to get started with!