• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

I’m not gonna live-post through this read as part of my mission to convert as many people as possible to loving artist editions as much as I do, but last observation (not a promise) - the amount of pages in an annual brings back the half-and-full-page panels aplenty! Like this stunner that looks like 2 half-page panels but is a full page.

6F2BCDB0-80EC-4C9A-BF98-6DC830DACB6C.jpeg

968D16BE-D379-4E17-A3D4-22B4859668BC.jpeg

Edited by Corvonie
Added shelfie for proof of love of artist editions

On 3/24/2024 at 11:03 AM, KirbyJack said:

I am not an AE guy, but, seeing as it reprints my favorite comic, I had to get this. I have spent hours staring at those pages. 

Some lucky SOB on CAF owns all the splash pages to this one. Lord. 

Did you already own this AE or did I just score a convert?

On 3/24/2024 at 3:18 PM, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

I just read back to the start of 2024. Saw some beautiful raw and graded books that make my beater readers look even worse by comparison:

#7 - Earliest issue in my collection
#26 - It only took 20+ years to get a copy of this issue to go with my #25

2Gd0j26.jpeg 5ToaynK.jpeg

#49 and #52 - 'Nuff said

kc9IfF6.jpeg ANQzu6w.jpeg

If it makes you feel any better, I consider raw, reading copies of Kirby Fantastic Fours to be the most entertaining (and thus, intrinsically valuable) comic books in all existence. 
2c

On 3/24/2024 at 5:52 PM, KirbyJack said:

If it makes you feel any better, I consider raw, reading copies of Kirby Fantastic Fours to be the most entertaining (and thus, intrinsically valuable) comic books in all existence. 
2c

I'm happy with my beater readers. They're the best I can afford. I do get a little jealous looking at nicer copies though.