• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

To celebrate the 100th birthday of Jack Kiby I wanted to share some pictures of the first comic I remember reading. It was early FF 1-6 in a little digest size reprint. Perhaps some of you remember this format? Anyway, a young child stared in hypnotic fascination at these drawings that looked alive and I've never been the same since. It pushed me on my own artistic journey I have taken every day of my life. 

Thanks Jack! You were the King of Comics and you gave the world so much.

Here are some of my favorite images:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, Darth Corgi said:

To celebrate the 100th birthday of Jack Kiby I wanted to share some pictures of the first comic I remember reading. It was early FF 1-6 in a little digest size reprint. Perhaps some of you remember this format? Anyway, a young child stared in hypnotic fascination at these drawings that looked alive and I've never been the same since. It pushed me on my own artistic journey I have taken every day of my life. 

Thanks Jack! You were the King of Comics and you gave the world so much.

Here are some of my favorite images:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wonderful!   I've posted before, but my earliest memory of comics was reading the exact same book.   I still have mine as well (beat to hell).  I've posted pics of it before but with PB changes, don't have the image available. 

I just realized that I never posted a picture of this one after removed it from the slab..... courtesy of Nicklespot a while back..... one of my favorite comics ever made. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

59TrfWY.jpg

SHDMTrS.jpg

38 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Beauty. Other than some wear along the spine I sure can't see what makes this a 3.5. What can't we see?

There's a small light stain on the top corner spine side back cover.  There's also two non color breaking creases on the back cover.  Most of the defects are fixable except for the stain.  

5 hours ago, comicquant said:

There's a small light stain on the top corner spine side back cover.  There's also two non color breaking creases on the back cover.  Most of the defects are fixable except for the stain.  

Great looking book. I love that date stamp. Very crisp with red ink. Please don't smear that date stamp by getting it worked on. It would be so sad.