• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,673 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

i typically avoid c/ow in silver, but i made an exception as it's old label and very pretty [and was very affordable].

ff84.jpg

One of my favorite FF covers for some reason. I remember buying it as a kid and there was something 'haunting' about that giant image of Dr Doom. I am a page quality junkie but I concur the CR/OW designation on old labels can be deceiving, especially if the book looks otherwise  bright. You are correct, the 8.5 - 9.2 range of old labels can often be picked up on the cheap. Nice copy ! 

I've always really liked the cover to 84 as well (one of the first SA FF's I ever owned).  

And, I must say it's personally satisfying to finally see Straw-Man post a book that I actually have a nicer copy of than him.   :whee:

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

I've been working on a mid grade raw set, and I'm finding 72 to be miserable to find.  The last one I got in a lot was trimmed.  Does anyone else notice the 72 not turning up half as much as the following Surfer issues?

I don't think it's too difficult to find.  It's one of the standout issues (one of the best covers ever).  

Bob Storms has a pretty nice presenting copy for cheap (if you can deal with tape on inside back cover):  https://www.highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=book_details&id=91593

Superworld Ted has a mid-grade copy as well (I guess you have to email for scan):  http://www.superworldcomics.com/detail-page/?id=123340

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

I've always really liked the cover to 84 as well (one of the first SA FF's I ever owned).  

And, I must say it's personally satisfying to finally see Straw-Man post a book that I actually have a nicer copy of than him.   :whee:

wanna swap????

32 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

It's a great title, and a lot of fun to put together! :applause:

Yeah, I've been buying copies here and there, but I'm going to just go all in on it. I feel like I'm recovered from the Daredevil hunt :insane: and I'm not going to be as exacting with this run (I can't afford it lol)

Edited by rob_react

Hi all my fellow FF fans...haven't been here much lately...hope all of you are well...

Just saw this on an email from CLINK...holy TIHS-eski...pretty nice speciman...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

FF45.jpg

Edited by trmoore54