• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,681 posts in this topic

Periodically I ask this question..... does anyone know what's going on with uclapeterg ….. the originator of this thread ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

This is one of my favorite covers …… money has been very tight lately....and that morning I woke up with NO intentions of buying an FF …. but this one is tricky to find with both the full CCA stamp and the full corner logo with no wrap around. I caved. GOD BLESS....

DSCN6737.JPG

23 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

This is one of my favorite covers …… money has been very tight lately....and that morning I woke up with NO intentions of buying an FF …. but this one is tricky to find with both the full CCA stamp and the full corner logo with no wrap around. I caved. GOD BLESS....

DSCN6737.JPG

As a kid, being only able to buy two comics a week, I resisted purchasing any FF's. However, upon seeing #21, I had to buy it. For sentimental reasons this will always be my favorite FF.

1 minute ago, namisgr said:

I used to own the Northland copy, bought from Motor City Comics when they brought the collection to market.  It had nice white paper, and wound up in a 9.4 holder:

FF21NL.JPG.f769f07b264e88509fc1e6ee7660ebee.JPG

With all the Pedigree collections coming to market since, the Northland books are somewhat overlooked. Introduced before CGC and the advent of pressing, the collection was extensive and the books really nice. I saw the collection at a Motor City Con but it was really picked over by then. I'm not sure who got first shot, maybe Harley and some other dealers ?  Still, I wish I had bought more when I saw the collection.

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

With all the Pedigree collections coming to market since, the Northland books are somewhat overlooked. Introduced before CGC and the advent of pressing, the collection was extensive and the books really nice. I saw the collection at a Motor City Con but it was really picked over by then. I'm not sure who got first shot, maybe Harley and some other dealers ?  Still, I wish I had bought more when I saw the collection.

I probably got to it even later than you, buying a handful of Marvels from it from the semi-annual Motor City catalog.  The runs of each title were sporadic by then.

Edited by namisgr

21 was always one of my favorites.   It was the first “expensive” back issue I ever bought as a youngster.  I saved up my allowance and bought it for the princely sum of $30.  I ended up selling it years later in the great “sell my SA books for beer $$$ in college” purge.  Still haven’t replaced it.