• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,679 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

90 is a sentimental favorite. This ish is the first Kirby Fantastic Four I ever owned. I was buying the MGC reprints off the stands, and loved them, but had no idea how to get any real ones. 

Traded my Howard The Duck #1 for it!

reduckulous!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

took me awhile to find a 9.0 or better of this one; my raw copy graded 8.0, and i've been looking for the upgrade for a long time. 

ff90-1.jpg

Agreed that this book is really tough!  I have a 9.0 and want a 9.4, and they all seem to have a centering issue ranging from very mild (like your copy) to severe.

4 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Those are nice! Especially digging that 55; I can’t remember seeing one present much better than that.

we wouldn't think twice if both were in 9.4 holders---both just gorgeous.  maybe the page quality held them back.

Edited by Straw-Man

can't compare to those 2, but i am fond of my little funny-books. and, being a g.a. collector, the arrival date appeals to me---understood that most s.a. geeks disagree on this point.  and it looks very much like silver ohio a.d.'s look--hmmm.

ff52-1.jpg

ff55.jpg