• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,617 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

we wouldn't think twice if both were in 9.4 holders---both just gorgeous.  maybe the page quality held them back.

I didn't have them pressed.  Perhaps I should have??  I've never had any of my books pressed am I missing out?

10 minutes ago, cupny said:

I didn't have them pressed.  Perhaps I should have??  I've never had any of my books pressed am I missing out?

not missing out while in your short box; but if they manage to end up for sale, yes, you might be missing out.  diff in price on the 52 on the two grades would be substantial.

4 hours ago, cupny said:

It's a gorgeous copy, your 52.  With that said, it appears to me that with the spine stress line under the MCG box, the fuzzy upper left corner and the overhang wear at the upper right corner, the book is probably fairly graded and the grade can't be improved.

Edited by namisgr

16 hours ago, namisgr said:

It's a gorgeous copy, your 52.  With that said, it appears to me that with the spine stress line under the MCG box, the fuzzy upper left corner and the overhang wear at the upper right corner, the book is probably fairly graded and the grade can't be improved.

namisgr, thanks for your input.  I know nothing of pressing so I will leave well enough alone.  

Just received my Comiclink wins and among them is this very seriously under-graded (and unpressed) copy of FF #3

Perfectly centered and gorgeous colors on this classic cover. I did pay above GPA for this one but it did worth it. Looks better that another book graded 9.0 that I also did receive. Graders notes mention a light reader's crease as the main defect but it is hardly noticeable, I have seen worse in higher graded copies!

Another fine example of "Buy the book, not the label". Best 7.0 I have ever seen and now all mine and saved from the pressers! :whee:

1640518405_FF3CGC7.0.thumb.jpg.cf60a1295f0134ddda55bf91ca3ea260.jpg

Edited by pickycollector