• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,681 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, KirbyJack said:

I worked hard to get a daughter, son, niece, nephew...anyone in my clan to read comics; no luck. 

It’s very cool to see! Congrats!

4th time was the charm. My 22 year old twins like going to the MCU movies with me but we’re never interested in comics. My 13 year old could care less, but the eight year old, bingo!

On 12/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, ORRGO THE UNCONQUERABLE said:

Do you guys go to comicspriceguide.com for latest prices or just check the average on ebay?  When I look at the average book there are ones priced about right, some priced way over and under, I cant figure it out. I could get overstreet but feel like that will be outdated.

A lot of people here use GPA (gpanalysis.com).  I don’t think many use cpg for prices.

I took these pictures a few days ago...

I've always felt FF #6 is an extremely underrated book...

when I first got into comics in 2006, I of course read and studied the Overstreet guide like the bible, and quickly learned all of The Key Issues and why they were Keys...but for whatever reason FF#6 just didnt stand out to me...

about 7 years later I got a new Overstreet guide for the first time in 3 years and was going back through and checking how much all the Key issues went up in Value and thats when I for the first time really noticed that FF #6 was a Major Key and had some incredible significance going for it...

I couldnt believe that I somehow Missed that its "The first Marvel Super- Villain Team Up"

and Then I was stunned that I completely missed it was the 2nd appearances of BOTH Sub-Mariner and Doctor Doom...

I dont know , maybe its just me, It may be because I overlooked the book for so long....But I feel FF 6 is a pretty underrated book, for me Its one of the most UNDERRATED Major Keys...

1546227591730-faa8915e-8dc1-4a34-acae-3f79f4b71326_.jpg

1546210270231-ea864dcb-01f9-4a6f-a933-035e0d75767f_.jpg

1546227461935-8e7334f3-22c9-47dc-a8ed-aafed52d61a7_.jpg

1546264593052-8fde97bc-a180-4580-9ef6-bd1653e3f3e9_.jpg

4 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

I took these pictures a few days ago...

I've always felt FF #6 is an extremely underrated book...

when I first got into comics in 2006, I of course read and studied the Overstreet guide like the bible, and quickly learned all of The Key Issues and why they were Keys...but for whatever reason FF#6 just didnt stand out to me...

about 7 years later I got a new Overstreet guide for the first time in 3 years and was going back through and checking how much all the Key issues went up in Value and thats when I for the first time really noticed that FF #6 was a Major Key and had some incredible significance going for it...

I couldnt believe that I somehow Missed that its "The first Marvel Super- Villain Team Up"

and Then I was stunned that I completely missed it was the 2nd appearances of BOTH Sub-Mariner and Doctor Doom...

I dont know , maybe its just me, It may be because I overlooked the book for so long....But I feel FF 6 is a pretty underrated book, for me Its one of the most UNDERRATED Major Keys...

Good post.  What makes the first Super-Villain Marvel team-up even more significant is that the approach of pairing up villains became a staple of many future story lines across a number of Marvel titles going forward from this first instance.  Spidey seems to defeat his foes too easily?  Let's bring a bunch of them together in the Sinister Six.  Or for the FF, let's create the Frightful Four.  Or for the Avengers Zemo's Masters of Evil.  These combos served Marvel well, with the dual purpose of beefing up the threat posed to our heroes while simultaneously getting monthly issues out without the need to create any new villains from scratch.

So I have question for all you FF buffs.

I was at a small comic show over the weekend and there was a lot of buzz and talk about FF #1 and a number of FF books in general.  Although a key book, most people don't talk too much about FF #1.  So my question is ... What happened to cause such a stir  and demand for FF#1?  One dealer at the show had a 3.0 for $6000 Canadian and said that the demand for this book is only going to go up.

Thanks.