Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
25 25

7,486 posts in this topic

8,072 posts

Welcome to the wonderment of collecting The World’s Greatest Comic Magazine! The only entry requirement is that you really do read ‘em! :cloud9:

8,072 posts

I’ve been a fairly serious collector for more than three decades, and the best thing I ever did in the hobby is complete Fantastic Four. 

Keep at it, Brother!

Thanks! I had a pretty good FF collection with some kirbys here and there but lost them moving in like 2004.  I've only been rebuilding since this November and only have a handful to go which is way more than I initially had.  I think I'll buy the rest of the issues up until 416.   But the kirby issues are my absolute fave. I need to find a way to display them, I love every cover!

16,366 posts

I’ve be reading issues towards the end of Jack Kirby’s run recently. Even as a youngun, I usually tried to buy the best copy I could find, like this #89. Sometimes though I’d settle for lower grade copies that I’d now like to upgrade. Books i don’t already own are a bigger priority, though.

FF89.jpg

FF88.jpg

8,072 posts
11 hours ago, ORRGO THE UNCONQUERABLE said:

I need to find a way to display them, I love every cover!

I don’t display comics, but I had to see every cover on my comic room wall.

BA35A06B-1785-4E15-9A27-4D90C3E09C83.thumb.jpeg.6f1c0de04566279668a047b57c43ea75.jpeg

30,083 posts
4 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I don’t display comics, but I had to see every cover on my comic room wall.

BA35A06B-1785-4E15-9A27-4D90C3E09C83.thumb.jpeg.6f1c0de04566279668a047b57c43ea75.jpeg

kj shoots, HE SCORES!

8,072 posts

It’s really fun, and it was super-cheap on eBay. I looked for it just now there and on Amazon; zilch.

9,066 posts

While not a key, this is one of my personal  favorite late Kirby  books.  U.S.  Mexican, Pence, and Weekly versions of the same book.  I love that the La Prensa shows more of the Thing.  and the Weekly alternate view/ cover is awesome as well.

ff.jpg

8,072 posts

Group shot of the day!