Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
25 25

7,478 posts in this topic

1,050 posts
On 8/30/2019 at 7:39 PM, Straw-Man said:

this one hit me like a bolt from the black when it popped up at auction.

ff46-1_1.jpg

I don't care for the cover art on this one at all, recently got one, at least I have it now.  Blackbolt looks off, discuss hehe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,052 posts
1 hour ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

Everything in my low-grade SA FF collection pales in comparison to all these 9.0+ beauties.

Some examples:

ff25front.thumb.jpg.f22a18d8106cf85617af316152818cea.jpg

ff50front.thumb.jpg.79575cc8b6e6f926ced62ac2fbb52946.jpg

I love em! My FFs are pretty solid, but they don’t compare to 9s, either. The majority of my stuff is low grade readers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,050 posts

The books are expensive.  If you don't focus on them the price may become prohibitive for most.  I don't really like 6.5 grade books but it is funny how close 6.5 can come to 8 in these cases.  I bet straw man has spent a decade dumping his 6.5 for 8 and then 9 plus.  He might be a pet groomer IRL.  I am happy to have gained a FF46 in trade for some stuff that was worth more but I didn't care about.  I still think the Blackbolt cover was weak...  Twins...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9e6.jpg.5c7f65a4d61f8ebfefbc95e1ee04393b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88 posts
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:30 PM, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

Everything in my low-grade SA FF collection pales in comparison to all these 9.0+ beauties.

Some examples:

ff25front.thumb.jpg.f22a18d8106cf85617af316152818cea.jpg

ff50front.thumb.jpg.79575cc8b6e6f926ced62ac2fbb52946.jpg

Hey, brother.....I'm right there with you.  I have everything from #30 to present, but as I close in on finishing the run, my copies get more and more ragged the further back I go.  But it's all good.  There's a certain beauty in thumbing through a long run of any title, no matter what the condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,062 posts
8 minutes ago, RonS2112 said:

Hey, brother.....I'm right there with you.  I have everything from #30 to present, but as I close in on finishing the run, my copies get more and more ragged the further back I go.  But it's all good.  There's a certain beauty in thumbing through a long run of any title, no matter what the condition.

well said!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429 posts
55 minutes ago, Werner_Von_Doom said:

Just found these in an old box:

FF52s.jpg

I’m in the market for one if you don’t need all three. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753 posts
4 minutes ago, JohnH19 said:

I’m in the market for one if you don’t need all three. :smile:

I'm going to have these graded - when they come back , I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263 posts
10 hours ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Trifecta of Stan signed FF #52 :cloud9:

IMG_5917.jpg

 

I especially like the one on the right. Better signature placement.

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
25 25