• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,605 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Beautiful! Especially love the 4! (worship)

Thanks, I got the 4 and 12 back in the early 90’s from a seller in the CBG, along with Hulk 2-6 and a few other books ... all in high grade. Unfortunately, I had to sell the Hulks, but the proceeds paid for my wedding, so it was a good investment.

20 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I always thrill to an FF 90; my first Kirby Fantastic Four, and first silver age comic!

you thrill to all things related to the world's greatest comic magazine, kj--and understandably so!

Edited by Straw-Man

6 hours ago, BrianR said:

So  here is my  group  shot  of the first 20  I own.  I am missing/ hunting for 6 and 7.  The 4 and five are flipped.  I added a couple others to fill in the gap  I did a count and have 76 issues of the 161  + 3 annual run.  

ff lot.jpg

I love unique collections -- this is awesome.

There is one other American  that I know of  that has a better collection than mine  his collection is in the 80's.   He  has been tracking these down for years longer than me and actually  helped with connections  and networking outside of the U.S. to track these down.    We know  of  possibly  3  collectors in Mexico  that have the full  run.  Its  near impossible to complete the run  whether you are in the U.S.  or Mexico  as the culture  wasn't preserving / saving these books  like the U.S.  and with the harsher environmental conditions  etc. , they just didn't survive.