• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
9 9

2,036 posts in this topic

Shouldn't this be more than an X-men 1 thread. poke2.gif

Great books, sb! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

It's kind of a weird story behind those books. I first purchased the #2 copy and started looking for a decent #1. I finally won a raw one on Ebay, but it unfortunately came back with extensive restoration, and the seller wouldn't take it back. I was so distraught that the following week I purchased Metro's 8.5 copy. Two months later I decided to hit the bin on a combination #1/#2 Ebay listing for a reasonable price. All five books were purchased within 3 months back in 2003. foreheadslap.gif

Jeez skybolt, you're like some type of mutant freak or something. Only weirdos have books in those grades 27_laughing.gif

Those are awesome books. I sold my #1 CGC 2.5 copy to a board member here, and just bought a replacement copy for myself. I am still working on my run, and have a lot complete. My #3 and up I plan to have at least a 5.5 or so, until #94 where I'd like at least a 7.0 or so. I'm not going for high grade on this run as they are too expensive, the covers are not that great anyway. I am saving my high grade hoarding for Sgt Fury and TOS.

Jeez skybolt, you're like some type of mutant freak or something. Only weirdos have books in those grades 27_laughing.gif

Hey, blame it on my ex fiance for breaking up with me and leaving me with a load of cash that I was saving up to put a nice down payment on a house. insane.gif