• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
10 10

1,730 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2020 at 6:14 PM, Drummy said:

Great books, everyone!  I finally got my keeper copy of Avengers #57 from the CLINK auction:

Avengers 57 9.4 wp.jpg

so you're the one! congrats, it's a beauty. i intended to go for this book. but your bid was so high that it was already far past my max with time left to go. please settle a dispute that many boardies here have: did you bid so high in any way because of the cva sticker? i have had my eye on so many of these, and never snagged one...sigh.

Not at all, although I think most CVA books do look great. 

This book has an extremely vivid color strike and near-perfect centering...just an incredibly 'rich' copy in my eyes.  I had hoped I wouldn't come close to my max bid, but that didn't turn out so well...(:

And since I'm only buying one copy, I'm less worried about the resale value -- this one's a keeper.

21 hours ago, Steelrain41 said:

Just added my Grail. I can die happy lol. It looks great next to my #4. I think I'll start working on getting 1-10 and see how that goes. #8 is up next before it gets too out of range.

IMG_20210123_145658445.jpg

IMG_20210123_154433663.jpg

Congratulations on the pick up! 

I love the cover of Avengers 1! 

14 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

The previous few posts have me wondering Why isn't their an Avengers 1 appreciation thread?  Have I overlooked it? Tried the search function and still didn't see it. 

I think there is an Avengers 1 and 4 appreciation thread. 

It may be a bit buried, but it's there somewhere. 

18 minutes ago, Mr.Fantastic said:

The previous few posts have me wondering Why isn't their an Avengers 1 appreciation thread?  Have I overlooked it? Tried the search function and still didn't see it.