• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
10 10

1,730 posts in this topic

Hello old Marvelite buddies! Something is bugging me about a 1960s comics story I remember but cannot resolve. In Tales to Astonish #74 the Leader dies after using the Watcher's all powerful machine. His dead body is seen again on the splash page of TTA #75. But I distinctly remember one panel from either Avengers, TTA or another Marvel comic around the same time also announcing he was dead and showing the Leader's corpse in his orbiting space lab. We all know the Leader was secretly revived and returned in IH #115. But this mystery cameo appearance of his corpse from 1965 seems to be unlocatable. I have most of the books from the 1965 Marvel period, but can't find it. Can any of you folks please help me out? Thanks!  

23 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

a beautiful white page copy of one of jack kirby's unintentionally funniest covers ever~ that dance they are doing on the bottom always cracks me up- love it!

It's one of my favourite early Avengers covers.  

4 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

I did something similar to you. I started at #1 and stopped at #16, which was the debut of Cap's kooky quartet.

I plan to complete 1-12.  So far, I have 2-4, and 7.