• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
10 10

1,730 posts in this topic

I am looking to pick up a real nice copy of issue #9. Missed out on getting the Ohio copy back...but have my eye on two others.

I am selling some very early high grade AVGs in the upcoming Heritage auction including #9. Not sure what grade you are looking for Joey but check out my Pacific Coast copy in 9.6…

J8N7sU.jpg

A favorite of mine. :cloud9:

Well it took me a few years but I finally completed 1-100 in 9.6 or better!

It'll be short lived as I have recently sold 1-10 and will have to transfer those cert numbers soon but it still feels pretty darn good. I know both Doug and Jeff put together awesome Avengers runs but with 28 in 9.8 and none lower than 9.6, I think this is the mightiest Avenger run ever on the registry which is kinda cool. At 250,150 it's certainly the highest ever in point value, in no small part to the recent upgrade to the #1 - thanks Gemma!

Anyway, I realize I'm patting my own back but feels good to have gotten it done is all...

Congrats!

Seems sad to work so hard and then turn around tear it apart right away.

Guess "the fun is in the chase" rings true for some while others prefer the collecting "hoarding" of there treasures.

Either way an impressive accomplishment!