• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,859 posts in this topic

That's a problem with the idea of "classic" covers; hard to get everyone to agree on something so subjective.

I don't especially like 107s cover. I know most do, but the poses of the combatants and lack of background just leave me underwhelmed. Give me 103 any day.

13 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

Never saw this cover before? Is it HTF?

Not really hard to find if you're persistent, just tough to find a nice copy of any of the pre-hero issues. For many of them, a 7.0 is considered high grade.

That's why I enjoy collecting these, it's still a challenge hunting them down even in the age of eBay and online stores & auctions.

-bc

when it comes to collecting this title-- do you have a specific range you shoot for? I've seen some folks only collect the Torch related ones-- others focus on the Dr. Strange or Shield ones.

I'm personally interested in the hero editions 101-188. Pretty much down to finding some bronze age copies and the very earliest books (101-116)

though getting something earlier is always on the radar. Sadly, those books are hard to find at a reasonable price and condition.