• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, DST said:

May be the nicest copy I’ve seen! So hard to find nicely wrapped and with white pages and you have both!!  I can only hope I own a copy as nice as this one some day. Congrats!!!

Thanks man! ? However, the 9.4 from a few posts above puts mine to shame.

On 6/29/2017 at 10:26 PM, rob_react said:

:bump:

What have I missed?

Just picked this up for inventory.

I normally don't post in the club threads but this book happens to be one of my faves of all time.

image.jpeg.7733f6df524ed72b9bc8bee1ec70ffad.jpeg

On 1/10/2018 at 9:53 AM, VintageComics said:

Just picked this up for inventory.

I normally don't post in the club threads but this book happens to be one of my faves of all time.

image.jpeg.7733f6df524ed72b9bc8bee1ec70ffad.jpeg

What a beauty!

On 1/13/2018 at 7:14 PM, Ghost Town said:

Yup, that's a sweet book, Roy.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:01 AM, Icculus308win said:

Beauty indeed!

Hope it finds a happy home - great copy Roy?

Thanks, guys! As I said, one of my faves of all time.

2 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

Nice haul, Rob. I’d say you had a good night.

Yeah, I was happy. There were only a few that I could target. Either they weren't nice enough or I already had a copy from another pedigree, so getting this many out of the the handful I aimed at was pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, grube09 said:

Very nice haul.  I went after the #43 Fantucchio, but wound up losing out.  Went for a verrrry strong price, but given it's pedigree and history of sales within it, I wasn't all that surprised.

I have the Suscha News copy so I wasn't in the running for that one.  I expected it to be pretty competitive. 

On 1/24/2018 at 11:32 AM, rob_react said:

I won four JOHN G. FANTUCCHIO PEDIGREE copy books last night.  I have 55 pedigree books in my 1-157 set now. :banana:

DAREDEVIL #96    CGC 9.4 NM

DAREDEVIL #66    CGC 9.4 NM

DAREDEVIL #60    CGC 9.4 NM

DAREDEVIL #47    CGC 9.4 NM    

That is awesome Rob! Congrats!!

Hey DD fans, I don’t know how many of you care about the Registry and point values associated with books and grades  - but I noticed my 9.6 DD #1 is now Worth 50,000 points as of a few days ago. Personally I think that is way too high for a 9.6. A 9.8, sure. This is what I wrote in the “Hey these scores need Fixin” thread:

“Imho, I think Daredevil #1 is way too high now (but an increase was needed, perhaps more along the lines of the new qualified scores for a #1) and Daredevil #7 is on the low side now.

- I own a 9.6 DD #1 and a 9.4 DD #7.......I’m being objective with my books’ actual points and not subjective with my score. (I will be losing thousands of points if others agree with my sentiments - Rather books in the Registry have a sound rhyme and reason for their represented point values)”

I can’t speak for lower grades, but the higher tiers seem way high. If anyone has any opinions please post them in that thread.

This is truly one of my favourite covers of all time and I've personaly viewed it as the true DD book to have (for me anyway). It's DD as we know him . When I set out to add a key DD book to my framed collection this is the one I wanted and not #1.  There is just something about this book, amazing cover with great colours , and flow . I'm happy to see others out there sharing such an interest in DD#7 . The price is no doubt reflective of the scarce numbers in 9.0 and higher. 

A quick  look at the census and there are only 42 9.0's , 24 9.2's , 9 9.4s , and 3 9.6's for a total of 78 copies 9.0 or higher. This is a scarce key book in high grade given the number of collectors who want to own DD in his first red costume. 

I set out to get a 9.2 years ago and it was hard to find with nothing coming up for years. I "settled" on a 9.0 when all my others are 9.2. I now kind of like when others ask why is that the only 9.0? The simple answer is because there are only 36 higher options available! 

Prices are starting to reflect how hard it is to obtain this key book in high grade.