• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
14 14

3,111 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Monkeyman said:

Just completed my Daredevil run on ComicConnect tonight! :banana:

#1 to last months issue....only took 20 years (I guess I could have tried harder).

1, 3 and 7 are VF+, about 20 are VF/NM and the rest are NM- or better.

Now I just need to get them in the mail and can post a group pic.

Mike

What did you win tonight?

1 hour ago, rob_react said:

What did you win tonight?

Hey Rob congrats, there were a lot of Pedigrees out tonight, I'm done DD as well but the Peds always bring out some $$$ from my pocket.  Sangged these two and pushed someone hard (hope that wasn't you) on the 91 (White Mountain), love that book.  Lots of very cool books available for DD collectors tonight.

DD103WestPenn.jpg

DD34WestPenn.jpg

6 hours ago, jbud73 said:

Hey Rob congrats, there were a lot of Pedigrees out tonight, I'm done DD as well but the Peds always bring out some $$$ from my pocket.  Sangged these two and pushed someone hard (hope that wasn't you) on the 91 (White Mountain), love that book.  Lots of very cool books available for DD collectors tonight.

DD103WestPenn.jpg

DD34WestPenn.jpg

Two super nice books. The 103 is especially nice. Happy to see they're going to a good home. Thanks!

The Curators went as Curators usually do, for multiples.  Though they never cease to amaze me and rightfully so, the $$$ on the bronze Curator was a little jaw dropping.  I bought the 34 because this book is notoriously bad for QP in terms of the cut and the WPenn as you can see has a great production quality to it.  I was the under bidder on 5-6 others I think, had a bit of a splurge at comiclink so decided to exercise some restrain there. lol The other because almost all of my DD 20c are Peds (mostly Oaklands) and always on the hunt for the final few that are not.  Thought the TC 83 was pretty strong as well.

5 hours ago, rob_react said:

Two super nice books. The 103 is especially nice. Happy to see they're going to a good home. Thanks!

Hey Rob thanks, hope you post some of your books :wishluck: I will likely crack the 103 out as my Bronze DD run is all Raw except for the 81 and with the provenance easily established by the pen mark in the price box the label doesn't mean as much as if it were say a Boston or Western Penn.

On 4/16/2019 at 3:08 PM, Straw-Man said:

my fave dd arc as a kid was 31 & 32--couldn't say no to this'un.  now i need a nice slabbed 31 [still have my old raw ones to read!].

dd32.jpg

That’s the summer I started collecting Marvels. Gene Colan’s artwork quickly hooked me on to Daredevil and Iron Man in ToS.

I remember excitedly reading DDs 30-32  in bed before the premiere of the FF and Spider-Man cartoons on a wonderful September Saturday morning 52 (!) years ago.