• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
14 14

3,111 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2019 at 7:17 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

With this book, I have finally completed my DD #1-109 9.4 run!

423006614_Daredevil90CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.82a8e87cf81e86e95673e0878fbf9387.jpg

🍾¡CONGRATULATIONS! 🎉 

I know that feeling of getting=>holding=>registering that last DD book - the last remaining piece of a NM Daredevil puzzle🤗

Such a stunning run & such an awesome feat🤘

Congrats SweetLou. Incredible accomplishment. I've dabbled in trying to get some of those picture frame DDs in high grade over the last year or so. I've found 91 to be really difficult (I have a 9.6 graded by that other company, would love to see yours). Recently picked up an 81 in 9.4, and a 104 in 9.6. 

35 minutes ago, Keep_It_Clunky said:

Congrats SweetLou. Incredible accomplishment. I've dabbled in trying to get some of those picture frame DDs in high grade over the last year or so. I've found 91 to be really difficult (I have a 9.6 graded by that other company, would love to see yours). Recently picked up an 81 in 9.4, and a 104 in 9.6. 

Thank you!

Since you asked, here's my 91, purchased from MyComicShop (Lone Star) in January 2018:

857655405_Daredevil91CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.1a70eb6103cebe8f2dc46808d805f45a.jpg

8 hours ago, Gaard said:

Why #109 ... what's the significance?

For all of my Marvel runs I go at least through the last picture-frame book (Nov/Dec 1972), but with DD for some reason I ended up going through #109 which is the first 25-cent issue.  I may eventually want to take it through to the last "Silver Age size" issue (before the books got slightly smaller) which would be #117.

42 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

Not nearly as impressive as some I've seen on here, but I finished putting together a sold mid grade run of 1 - 7.  

I may look to upgrade #1 at some point, but I'm in no rush. 

Resized_20191211_090652~3.jpg

Nice run! :tink:

OMG... I've found my home. 

I used to have a full vol. 1 run, but foolishly sold off some of the key books. Including my Stan Lee signed #1!!! This was long before SS books. He signed it for me at a convention in Boston. Late 80s? He was signing books quickly but paused when I handed him DD#1 and flipped through it, enjoying the memories. God, I kick myself for selling that. Ugg. Live and learn.

Anyhoo, I'm now working towards completing 1-380 in 9.0 or better (9.4+ for post-150).  I'm hoping to be able to get a new #1 and #7 this spring/summer. Where's the best place to look for a 9.0-9.4 copy? 

Over the years I've bought up a ton of DD books. I just finished grading everything and mylite/boarding my personal copies. I have a whopping six short boxes of extra DD books. Hit me up if you have some missing issues! 

Key wants currently:

#53 9.4 or better

#156 9.6 or better

A nice pedigreed book

Looking forward to seeing everyone's books and sharing my finds!