• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2020 at 8:37 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I don't have many pics of the few DDs that I have, but here's one. 

daredevil 10.JPG

This cover has always been a favorite of mine. It has so many things going for it...predominantly blue & red colors, "pop art", and the red/yellow combination for the title was, imo, one of the better combos. Some of the combos they used didn't really do it for me.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:03 AM, Straw-Man said:

can still remember my eyes going wide at the spinner when i saw red dd for the first time.   didn't like it at first, as i loved the yella costume.

dd7.jpg

Sweet copy of a tough book!

They needed to change DD's costume design though.  The red and yellow color scheme is way too close to Iron Man's.  If you let your eyes go out of focus they basically look the same.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

2 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

All DDs except for 158 are under valued lol

They really ARE! The 2nd issue with Electro and the Thing appearance can be had for pretty darn cheap when you consider that it's the second DD appearance and the second Electro!!! The #7 goes for some pretty big money in nice shape but it SHOULD! It's one of if not THE best early DD stories and the first red costume! I need to lock down high grade copies while there's still time!!!! (thumbsu

I have a run of DD from 1-60 with a mid-grade # 7 that I’ve always been quite happy with. However, a LCS got in a beautiful raw copy that looks to be in very high grade. I’ve been admiring it for months now but I just can’t bring myself to pay anywhere close to the store’s very high asking price for a raw copy. Sigh...