• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

When I was a young lad, I was a huge Burroughs fan. I read all his books that I could get my hands on. At one point, I was reading all his Tarzan books. Then I saw this issue in the back issue box at the LCS and my mind exploded.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:08 PM, Gaard said:

Tony has these at the moment, but they should be back in the box shortly. And my support group is encouraging me to come right out and admit to being a bigger Gladiator fan than a Spidey fan. There, I said it.

18.jpg

The Gladiator was one of my favorite Daredevil villains. He looks a little hokey now, but I thought he looked cool when I was 9 years old.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, Joe Ankenbauer said:

The Gladiator was one of my favorite Daredevil villains. He looks a little hokey now, but I thought he looked cool when I was 9 years old.

This is going to sound a little weird (and maybe kinda gross), but, for some reason, I associate DD 18 with the smell of old comics. There used to be an old bookstore in the city (not comics, but used paperbacks and hardcovers) that had old comics in one corner. They also had an old ratty couch you could sit in and read .Over the years, I spent hours in that couch. Even though I don't specifically remember reading DD 18 there (no, I don't have Alzheimer's), I bet that's where I the association comes from.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:20 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Gene Colan fans will appreciate this one 

20200603_204728.jpg

Yep, I sure appreciate it. That’s Gene the Dean’s first issue on the title.

I’m long overdue to contribute to this thread so here come some of my favourite issues and/or covers from my DD run of 1-60. Let’s start with a couple of yellow costume issues.

2EAD6607-9170-4262-BB17-7AC20256ED02.thumb.jpeg.bee92adbe46fa1274249056a0723abee.jpeg

DE0C2326-E764-4CCF-998D-E10012EDE5FC.thumb.jpeg.cf75f214b50574197d97e3c675e784a7.jpeg