• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JohnH19 said:

Finally...this was a difficult issue for me to find back in the day. None of the drug stores in our area had it for some reason. I finally lucked into a copy some time later at a general store in cottage country when we went to visit some family friends. I was thrilled.

D55B9BED-9B2A-482D-83D1-801EE8A1D080.thumb.jpeg.db5d0398ace67f28e84ee366b03ecfbe.jpeg

I love this cover but love #91 picture frame even more! Mr Fear is probably the coolest DD villain and I love the way Colan drew Marauder (thumbsu

48.thumb.jpg.63b50ceaa5418cf4fbcba3f38a16218c.jpg

There is absolutely nothing special about this issue, EXCEPT, when I was a freshman in high school (1977), this was the last issue I needed to complete my 1-current DD run. The owner of the LCS knew it too, and he hauled it out from under the counter one day. Ah, those glorious '70s ... Daredevil and Charlie's Angels.

On 5/28/2020 at 7:08 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Great group of books with varying grades, all with excellent eye appeal.  The 7.0 is extremely nice for its grade.  The #90 is a tough book to get in high grade with strong centering.

Yeah, that 7.0 grade on that book was a surprise. I thought 8.0, maybe 8.5 for sure when I sent it in. 

On 6/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, Spiffnme said:

Yeah, that 7.0 grade on that book was a surprise. I thought 8.0, maybe 8.5 for sure when I sent it in. 

Word beginning to circulate around that they're ridiculously tight now. Like a full grade too tight.

6 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Word beginning to circulate around that they're ridiculously tight now. Like a full grade too tight.

I buy that! The #20 I posted was a recent submission and is tight as a drum! I don't even see any tiny specs of foxing which gets hammered. I'm not falling into that press resubmit trap anymore unless there's a clearly visible bend or something obvious. I've been suckered enough :boo: