• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
14 14

3,111 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

looks no nicer than 9.775 to me [for once i wanted to be the guy that gets to declare an ultra high grade book overgraded on here].

Sure. If it was put next to a 9.6 with both labels covered I probably would have a 50/50 chance to pick the 9.8. Anyway, someone is selling a high grade Pacific Coast Daredevil collection on CL in February, I thought that was pretty cool.

Edited by Professor Chaos
spelling correction

9 hours ago, The Man Without Beer said:

.....and this one arrived today. 2 for 2

Newton rings a little annoying (not shown) but didn't get it for resale. Just wanted a representative Stan SS for the DD collection and was a good price.

20210128_124201.jpg

That's really cool... This is one of the earliest covers that I kind of hated (DD or otherwise) when I started trying to get a DD run back in the mid-90's... but I've definitely come around to it and kind of dig it now. I also really like that sig placement.  It almost kind of disappears or fades out just like DD kind of is on the cover.  Very very nice.  Congrats! :)