• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
15 15

3,115 posts in this topic

Woe that #1 looks great especially for what you paid. What grade did the #4 have in the slab that looks like a really clean book?

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I think it got hit because of the dirt/soiling... maybe it needs a clean :whistle:

The #4 got a 6.5 before I cracked it, same as the #5

Woe that #1 looks great especially for what you paid. What grade did the #4 have in the slab that looks like a really clean book?

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I think it got hit because of the dirt/soiling... maybe it needs a clean :whistle:

I would have went higher on the #4 from the front cover scan anyways.They all look great though. Are you going to finish out the whole volume or leave it at 100? I am working through the whole vol.

Thanks for sharing.

I would have went higher on the #4 from the front cover scan anyways.They all look great though. Are you going to finish out the whole volume or leave it at 100? I am working through the whole vol.

I'm going to stop at #100 at the moment and finish Tos/Iron Man and JIM/Thor first, but these should be done before the Summer and then who knows... not a lot left so I might go for the entire series. Of course I also want to get Batman #1 - #400 from "that other company" and I might get serious about that run this year.

Good luck on completing the entire vol, completing series is where it's at (thumbs u

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to stop at #100 at the moment and finish Tos/Iron Man and JIM/Thor first, but these should be done before the Summer and then who knows... not a lot left so I might go for the entire series. Of course I also want to get Batman #1 - #400 from "that other company" and I might get serious about that run this year.

Good luck on completing the entire vol, completing series is where it's at (thumbs u

Luck may be what it takes.... But I wish some one would wish me extra spending money lol

Looks like you have quite a bit on your plate Iron man should be a fun one to put together and TOS/JIM will definatly be cool but I have never really enjoyed Thor.

When I finish DD I will start think about what comes next I find it hard to stay focused so if I think about others I will spend money on stuff that I shouldn't and miss books that I want.

Luck may be what it takes.... But I wish some one would wish me extra spending money lol

Looks like you have quite a bit on your plate Iron man should be a fun one to put together and TOS/JIM will definatly be cool but I have never really enjoyed Thor.

When I finish DD I will start think about what comes next I find it hard to stay focused so if I think about others I will spend money on stuff that I shouldn't and miss books that I want.

Do one series at a time and NEVER stray and you should be able to do it, but not that easy with all the nice books on offer on the boards every day :grin:

I already have 95% of each series, Iron Man and Thor complete and just need 5 more JIMS and 6 more TOS books. Alas I still need a Tos #39 ... so that will be my next major purchase

You should try the Want to Buy forum

:news: 98 more issue's to go and the Vol 1 run is complete :news:

Here is a photo of two stacks of DD's that showed up today and I couldn't be happier.

IMG00281.jpg

Nice Haul!!!!! :applause:

I'm reading in the #150's now and about to start the Miller issues. This has been a great series so far!

I have been skipping around and reading a few here and there but I really can't wait to go back and read from the start and go through the entire set. So did you complete the 1-100 run and then just keep going?

I have been skipping around and reading a few here and there but I really can't wait to go back and read from the start and go through the entire set. So did you complete the 1-100 run and then just keep going?

Yes! However I still need DD #2 to finish my run of #1-230....

I started with the Essential Vol 1 but the rest have been read from the originals themselves.

Once I hit #50, I said let me go to #100. Then it was like, well I know I want to read the Miller stuff so I figured I'd just keep going. A few clunky issues in there, but all the same, I've been enjoying them so much! (Gene Colan rocks!!) I'm also doing the same thing with FF (though I'm stopping at #126 here) and on ASM which I will read up until around #350....But DD will be the series I complete first!

I'm not sure right now if I want to continue up past #250 until #380.... What do you think?

I know I would like to start picking up the new/current DD issues. The art in them looks pretty sweet!

I say go for it. I have read a few in the 300+ and there good. Besides it can't hurt to just finish it off.

I am trying to stay really focused but all the FF covers in the best cover thread going on is making want to start working on those next.

I am interested in the Vol 2 DD stuff but not sure I will go after that right away. Once this is done I will start over from #1 and read through while I work on whatever I decide will be next.

I saw a number 2 in the sales forum the other day you might have some luck there. The want to by forum is also great that's where I got my last chunk of books and I am just waiting to pull in some more cash before I buy more.