• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:Trying again,guys.....................

156 posts in this topic

Dear Hearts;

You guys may or may not remember me.I posted a massive collection on EBAY which failed 3 times to recieve my hoped investment.Most of you were helpful on grading,etc,advising me on relisting it.Well-here goes one last time,no reserve.Let me know what you think and spread the word.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270024486941

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

Dear Rich;

Really apprieciate it.I hope the updated version meets expectations,I really tried to be as conservative as possible with the grading.Turns out only the most valuable books were really overvalued(naturally).I hope the revisions meet expecations of experienced buyers and I can turn a decent profit.What I'm concerned about is whether or not I'm charging enough for shipping.It's really hard to judge how much that's really gonna cost without an exact measure of how much the books wiegh and how they'll be packed-and that's REALLY hard to estimate prior to packing and shipping.Any suggestions,everyone?

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

Last long boxes I shipped were 44-46 pounds. If your post office will allow you to send them media mail that's under $20 each before insurance. You're probably safe insuring them at just $100 each as that does require a signature. ($50 ins. does not, I've been told.)

If they won't let you ship media mail (mine won't) you are out of luck with the PO as the boxes are too heavy for bound printed matter rate. But you can go with FedEx ground for something like the same $20 cost.

You can get good tips on here about how to carefully pack long boxes so they'll survive the trip.

Marc

Good luck Andrew. The only constructive criticism I will add is how long the listing is. Ebay listing should be quck to the point . Your lisiting might take 10 minutes to read and all the extra info confues the seller.Otherwise its all good. I really hope this goes well.

Dear guys;

I feel the need to let the buyer know EXACTLY what he's buying-hence the detail.Also,I've decided to allow pickup at my house-UNDER ONE CONDITION.

Read the revised listing and tell me what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E%3AIT&rd=1

Andrew L.

Bad idea 893naughty-thumb.gif

The person can simply pay you via paypal, pick up the books and then say they never received them and initiate a chargeback. Since you will have no shipping documentation then paypal will automatically rule in their favour and you'll be out all that money. Furthermore you should save yourself on paypal fees. I can't see how anyone can negotiate a lower price once they have bid and won.

Fox;

If he hasn't paid and offers to only pay on the spot once he picks up the books,what's to stop him from person_without_enough_empathying and moaning about "defects" he sees in the books and then refusing to pay it and offering less-and then when you refuse to sell it to them for less,they leave and leave you a negative and come into this message board and all it's ilk badmouthing you as seller.Then you went through all that grief and are stuck with the books.

I thought PayPal would protect me.They automatically side with the thief,huh?This is getting too complicated-I should have just stuck to the original shipping arrangement...........Any other comments to help me?.

Andrew L.

Dear Hearts;

Ok,I'm done making this complicated.I'm going back to my original stance-NO LOCAL PICKUP UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.However-I AM willing to negotiate the shipping cost with local buyers since thier costs will be MUCH lower then the listed price. This seems like the safest solution-and if it eats into my final value,I'm sorry! God,I can't believe this is so damn complicated!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270024486941

Let me know if you think this is a good solution that serves EVERYONE'S interests.

Andrew L.

That's even worse as you will get much less bidding from people like shad who can be trusted. Honestly you should just allow pick-up and payment in person. I have no vested interest in this but i think the only reason it's complicated is because you are making it this way. Good luck anyway.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

All I'm trying to do is sell some comic books here and trying not to get robbed!

That's all. Others,please comment!

Andrew L.

Dear shadroch;

I'm in Queens,New York, near Howard Beach. I dunno if that helps,but that's the best I'm willing to do over the message board.Sorry,dude.

Sincerely,

Andrew L.

This is so hilarious...I've never seen an adult male so concerned about divulging his top secret location. It's as if you are actually some hot chick scared of getting raped, or that you have this priceless collection of rare comic gems that everyone will want to steal. In reality you have a bunch of super-common books in average condition and need to relax and lighten up if you really want to sell them! Geez... screwy.gif

This is so hilarious...I've never seen an adult male so concerned about divulging his top secret location.

Give the guy a break. He may be a dork who can't grade, but why in the world would anyone post their home address/contact info on an Internet board, especially if you're from NY?

I don't see that as being scared, but simply being smart and it's obvious you have idea what kind of people are on the Internet.

I personally know of a person online, who caught the notice of a real psycho, and this guy plastered their address and their young son's school and other personal info on known pedophile sites and chatrooms. That's serious business, and they had police protection for awhile.

You have no 893censored-thumb.gif idea who's lurking out there, reading these posts. No idea at all.