• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re:Trying again,guys.....................

156 posts in this topic

I can't win...........................

(That was in response to my post about the TTA #59 still being listed as NM.)

Well, when I read posts like, "I hope the updated version meets expectations,I really tried to be as conservative as possible with the grading," and then I see the TTA #59 is still advertised as NM, I have to shake my head. The pic of that comic was posted on this forum, and everyone agreed it was not NM. So I feel the auction is a scam. You're stating things about the comics that have been proven to be untrue, in the attempt to fool potential buyers into bidding more money.

Forum members, I'm sorry if I sound harsh on this guy. I know he's been through alot on here. But I see his shenanigans continue, and I have no sympathy for people who lie to scam people out of money. Where's the justice? What would Batman do? frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I had the same feelings on that. But now Andrew has added a new grade for it and a few other books so he is trying to do his best. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh on a side note its about $4.00 away from my predicted price.

Dear guys;

I feel the need to let the buyer know EXACTLY what he's buying-hence the detail.Also,I've decided to allow pickup at my house-UNDER ONE CONDITION.

Read the revised listing and tell me what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E%3AIT&rd=1

Andrew L.

Bad idea 893naughty-thumb.gif

The person can simply pay you via paypal, pick up the books and then say they never received them and initiate a chargeback. Since you will have no shipping documentation then paypal will automatically rule in their favour and you'll be out all that money. Furthermore you should save yourself on paypal fees. I can't see how anyone can negotiate a lower price once they have bid and won.

Regardless of payment method, whether it would be cash, personal check, money order, etc. just have a receipt and copy of receipt on hand when the buyer makes pick up. Buyer signs both copies to signify he's received goods and has a receipt from you as proof he paid for goods. Mom & Pop Shop 101...

Even if the grades listed were all accurate the pictures of the long boxes would be more then enough to keep me away from this auction. Think putting your books into new boxes would do wonders just for its appearance so I dont automatically expect every book to have been treated as badly as they were.

So the boxes have a little browning.So what?You ever see perfect long boxes when you go to pick up a veteran collector's stash?Who the hell has time to keep replacing the boxes?!?The condition of the COMICS is what counts.None of these boxes are torn,none are damaged or water logged.And THAT'S obvious from the picture.

Now you're just trying to give me a hard time and whittle the price to nothing,that's all THAT is...................

Andrew L.

So the boxes have a little browning.So what?You ever see perfect long boxes when you go to pick up a veteran collector's stash?Who the hell has time to keep replacing the boxes?!?The condition of the COMICS is what counts.None of these boxes are torn,none are damaged or water logged.And THAT'S obvious from the picture.

Now you're just trying to give me a hard time and whittle the price to nothing,that's all THAT is...................

Andrew L.

I think that people are getting a little tired of your inability to see the difference between average condition comics & comics that have been well looked after.

Sure you have a lot of comics but if you come forward and make broad comments about how highly graded your books are and then are shown the light by some formuites who are trying to help it looks a bit odd when picures of your long boxes are shown with sagging bases & browning to a large degree.

The point I make is that a lot of passionate collectors on the boards are very particular about the condition & terminology used to describe collections. I have seen much older collections without a hint of browning to the storage boxes and they remain in perfect shape.

At first glance your collection look to have been dumped in the garage and to aso have been moisture & or sun affected. If this is what it looks like from a 5 second glance, imagine what might be found after a thorough examination.

Ohhh, here is a picture of how Don Rosa kept his collection from the 1940's

Hope this helps you understand where some people are coming from.

Russ...

1386607-DonRosaCollectionPic.jpg

1386607-DonRosaCollectionPic.jpg.6d80ac0226d200fd89f45c307f95e7b4.jpg

Andrew.

Because I have an interest in TTA books. Can you confirm with me that you have graded this as a (Fine) in your auction?

Just want to check where your standard of fine books sit in relation to what I see as fine.

I normally would place this in the (Good to Good+) range due to the large piece out of the top left hand side but I don't know how to grade very well so I thought it best to check.

Last of all, are you willing to make up the difference if international airmail postage costs more than what you quote? Your price seems great for international shipping but what happens if the price is a few hundred dollars more than your quoted price?

The reason I mention this is that a fully loaded shortbox normally cost me about $70 from the USA to Australia. You have the rough equivalent of 24 short boxes or about $1500 dollars worth of shipping costs unless I have this all wrong which I may well have.

If I won the auction I would think that you could well be held to your quoted shipping cost.

Anyway, I am sure that you have thought all of this through before re listing you auction so I wish you all the best & we will speak soon regarding the above.

Regards,.

Russ...

1386615-TTa.jpg

1386615-TTa.jpg.e1f1fa3caf7057c409104cca0c1bc3fc.jpg

Here you go Andrew.

I hope this helps with the postage rates.

I printed a postage guide for international customers.

You will need to send the package like this Via Parcel Post or another means as Global Priority Mail has a 4 LB weight limit.

Thats about all the advise I have at the moment.

Again, best of luck.

Russ...

1386622-Mail.JPG

1386622-Mail.JPG.2caeec1cc3c48d85c3fae33bab37e977.JPG

I stepped into this thread very late in the game and went back to see what's been going on, so now I'm curious.

a) how many of these books are not in bags?

b) how many of these books are in bags without backing boards?

Thanks!

Larry

/ps/

I'm in Fort Lee, NJ and would probably drive into Queens and pick these up.

I stepped into this thread very late in the game and went back to see what's been going on, so now I'm curious.

Thanks!

Larry

/ps/

NO pickups . DId you not read the auction or maybe that changed again. lol.

I have been supportive of you from the beginning A but you are ridiculous now. How can people here be trying to lower your price. THey are TRYING TO HELP.

Those boxes and the storage area look horrible. I would never buy a comics from anyone stored like that. I would be worried about bugs and stuff. ( not saying you got bugs) but it looks like they are stored in a basement and the boxes LOOK HORRIBLE , no one said get new boxes , just dont show them..And the books must be in terrible shape if thats the way they are stored .You had people on here willing to drive to you and offered you more than $600 for them , someone mentioned maybe even more. so you say no and out them up here and you might be lucky to break $500 . WHat if it sells for $390 are you going to go through with it or cancel the auction at the last second ??

I do give you credit for tyring and being a student and trying to pay your way .

Thanks!

Larry

/ps/

I pointed this out in the first thread. Alot of the books are just bagged and in those old beat up boxes there is no way those books have stayed in any great shape.

First of all dude, I was responding to JCs comment and it wasn't directed at you.

Secondly, I would never try to give anyone a hard time on what they are selling in order to buy for less or any other reason.

Thirdly, I have absolutely no interest in what you are selling, and not to be rude or anything, I would refuse to take them for free confused-smiley-013.gif

You guys are IMPOSSIBLE.What the hell is wrong with those boxes?!?Half of them are BRAND NEW!

Anything to chip down the final price.ANYTHING.

A.L.

You seriously are deluded and paranoid. I remember when you waltzed in here proudly with your junk. You had a BIN of $6,500 on them and had graded them all NM. When people informed you that there was not a chance in hell of getting $6,500 or anywhere near it you went ballistic and accused everyone of trying to bring the price down to get a bargain. You said we were under grading them so that we could get them cheaper.

Needless to say your books didn't sell. You then tried again with a reserve of $1000. Again people told you that you would be lucky to break a few hundred bucks yet you said we were trying to "steal" them from you. Of course yet again the books didn't sell. You were offered a very generous $600 if the person could pick them up and you made up a story about a knife and 5 friends.

The truth is that ever since you got here all any of us have ever tried to do is help you yet you continue to accuse us of having ulterior motives. Like we're all in it together and have a master plan to get you to part with your crown jewels.

You guys are IMPOSSIBLE.What the hell is wrong with those boxes?!?Half of them are BRAND NEW!

Anything to chip down the final price.ANYTHING.

A.L.

I assume this sentence is directed at me. I was attempting to be helpful in getting your auction to sell but I guess you are right. I am trying to whittle you down so I can finally afford your lot. Lower your BIN another couple hundred bucks and I will buy it and then buy new boxes and then sell your collection for double what I bought it for.